Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Incredible how much some 70's muscle cars went for at the auction, I was completely lost in shock when a cuda went for a 1/4 mill. Then I saw what other stuff went for.....pretty sure a convertible cuda went for 2 mil, now that's foolishness if there ever was such a thing.....how anyone can justify an American muscle car going for much over 100 grand takes something pretty special, for 250 grand takes something quite exceptional. But after that is pure stupidity.

Sure glad the drift demo (Focus and Mustangs) was there and other than good scenery (it was a warm day) I know there were less than 20 cars that I thought were worth seeing (they had the Porsche 917 used in the filming of the movie LeMans....) This will be the last time I go.

Dezert Focus Member and Fan of all Euro-Fords. Once driven to the Darkside, there's no turning back.
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
ug... I had two sponsor passes for sunday but wasn't able to go. I've never been to it before... only watched some of it on Speed chanel, so I was kind of looking forward to it

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Don't take my comments too seriously, probably 99% of the people that went, most likely loved it, I'm just sick (and have been since I was old enough to read car mags) of American cars, they're just crude, over sized both inside and in displacement and over-rated. A Euro car can do the same thing usually with about 25-50% less displacment.....and yes I see the Contour and the Focus as Eurocars. They were not conceived here...just Americanized.....

If you'd had passes and not had to spend money on an entry fee you would have loved it. I didn't exactly hate seeing a head turner walk by every 5 minutes or so either....

Dezert Focus Member and Fan of all Euro-Fords. Once driven to the Darkside, there's no turning back.

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard