Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by hotdimmes:
Yeah, if it's definitely the precats and you are under 80k def take it to ford for the 8yr/80k emissions warranty. I did this recently and I'm getting them replaced for free this weekend. No diagnostic fee or anything, it's all covered under the warranty.

Def post the CEL codes here first though so people can tell you if that's the problem.

good luck with that , ask Pre-98 ford will [censored] on and u say not our problem. He even threatened to call the Better business Bereu(sp?) and even brougt his brother in the stirr up some rukus. They basically told him they cant do anything about it.

1997 30th Anniversary SS,Jethotts/ORY/GMMG, 160thermo, ,TB bypass, 1LE intake elbow, BMR STB, 32mmswaybar..21mm rear,BMR LCAs, PR,SFCs,TA,LT4 KM,255lph, shift kit
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by bobbyd:
Yeah, if it's definitely the precats and you are under 80k def take it to ford for the 8yr/80k emissions warranty. I did this recently and I'm getting them replaced for free this weekend. No diagnostic fee or anything, it's all covered under the warranty.

Def post the CEL codes here first though so people can tell you if that's the problem.

good luck with that , ask Pre-98 ford will [censored] on and u say not our problem. He even threatened to call the Better business Bereu(sp?) and even brougt his brother in the stirr up some rukus. They basically told him they cant do anything about it.

Sounds like someone went about it the wrong way. Go in like an ass, get treated like an ass.

Ryan Trollin!
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
yeah, I didnt really go in demanding anything. I called them, said the CEL was on, made an appointment for a diagnostic. They checked it out and said it was the precats(which I had already knew and researched) and that I didn't have to pay a dime under the emissions warranty.

Actually, to be honest the guy said that CT has a 7/70 emissions warranty and I told him no way thats true...he went and talked to a supervisor and came back to apologize to me.

I honestly don't know how ford can deny you this if you fit the qualifications. I read through the emissions warranty paper and it very clearly states that it covers the precats. You should be able to slap them in the face with that paper if they give you grief!

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B

well there was a reason that his car wasn't covered by the emissions warrenty, alhtough when I think of it now I suppose it should have been, depends if O2 sensors are covered or not.

Anyway ask Pre98, I scanned his Cels at SZ last year and not only did he have the pre cat code he had O2 codes. It often happens that if you get a O2 code you will also get a pre-cat code, I know as this happened to me. To have Ford reprogram the PCM or replace your pre-cats per emissions warrenty the only code has to be one for the pre-cats and not any for the O2 sensors. I think all was taken care of as he replaced the O2 sensors in the hotel parking lot during SZ

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

Sounds like someone went about it the wrong way. Go in like an ass, get treated like an ass.

no he actually didnt go in as an ass, Sh!t only went sour when they told him they wont do it and he thought that they HAD to do it b/c it should have been covered b/c he only had just under 50k on the car, but now that i come to think of it , i think he was just over the 8 year part of the 80k/8 year deal and dint know it.

anyways my sis bf had done it b4 and scared them shitless so they had to do the work , actually my family does get away with alot of stuff buy being an ass, i think im the only one who doesnt act like the rest of them haha.

Last edited by bobbyd; 01/24/06 03:12 AM.

1997 30th Anniversary SS,Jethotts/ORY/GMMG, 160thermo, ,TB bypass, 1LE intake elbow, BMR STB, 32mmswaybar..21mm rear,BMR LCAs, PR,SFCs,TA,LT4 KM,255lph, shift kit
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by BrApple:

I think all was taken care of as he replaced the O2 sensors in the hotel parking lot during SZ

well if he did do that i dont think it was the 02s then, he still has the CEL on and alot of the times when hes pushing teh car u get that familiar egg smell. But he does have headers and y-pipe hes just waiting to have them installed

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard