Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 44 45
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
The last post for this "Spring Zing questions" did get a bit out of hand and it was in the wrong forum, so lets do that right here in "dyno and drag". I was speaking with Hector about this last night and told him I found that other post to be one of the most humerous ones to date here As long as theres NO name calling or street racing stories, this post can pic up where that one left off, or locked as the case may be, no hard feelings Jim It seems theres 3 camps for the "shootout" at SZ...

-The EVO camp

-The turbo'd 3.0L CSVT camp

-The WRX camp

Going into this we do have a couple facts, like Dereks car runnin' a 13.7 @99 mph modded out with more on the way. We also know that EVO's run mid 13's stock and driven accordingly. Its also true theres several Tours runnin' into the 13's at high mph. This all combines for the best bench racing and even better actual race at SZ (at the dragstrip, ofcoarse!) The variables for these cars vary considerably...

-3.0L turbo vs. 2.0L turbo vs. 2.5L turbo (STi if one shows up)

-the weight seems pretty close for all cars, give or take a couple

-gearing, inparticular the final drives (3.71/4.06 vs. 4.52)

-transmission gearing- I don't know what it is in the EVO's but I know this, their very short to keep the engine on boil, something the gearing in the Contour does NOT do.

Now in closing I don't know where all the venom is coming from and no, I'm not talking about the NOS system either but rather towards the EVO guys (Kevin and Hector) These are two, long standing members here in the CEG and should be treated with some type of respect IMO. To some degree its gotta have something to do with be jealous, period. I wouldn't call myself jealous of their cars, rather envious, especially when I could've bought one of those damn things a week before I leased my Crossfire , but thats another story! Kevin said it best, the EVO GUYS DIDN'T START IT, so check yourself Now with further to do, let the bench racing begin, I'll start...

I'm going to take out an ATX/Zetec with my Crossfire, wish me luck

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Nobody is mad at Hector or Kevin. Why blow it out of proportion? As for big contenders, I do hope to see Stazi hit the track. I've tried talking Jim into it several times, but it may take some more pushing from CEG.

Venom = nitrous kit
NOS = nitrous kit
Venom does not = NOS kit

I now have 3 people interested in the Venom nitrous kit, so I am pretty certain that I won't have it at the time of Spring Zing. If that's the case, I'll just shoot for some nice N/A 1/4 miles, and be happy with that.

As for the smack talking, that's what car people do. You just rarely see it here on CEG, because someone will have a hissy-fit if you talk about racing, and "Contours aren't drag cars."

Go over to svtperformance.com, they have a smackdown forum. Personally, I just want to see a bunch of people go to the track this year, so I'm stirring the pot a little bit.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Nobody is mad at Hector or Kevin. Why blow it out of proportion? As for big contenders, I do hope to see Stazi hit the track. I've tried talking Jim into it several times, but it may take some more pushing from CEG.

Which I've never understood. All that $$$ and it doesn't go to the track?

Ryan Trollin!
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M

Originally posted by LocoGSR:

Originally posted by 5V7 Dr1v3r627:

Originally posted by LocoGSR: I am going to the drag strip this time....who wants to LOSE?

Fixed...

Actually, there's a small chance that my car will be ready to show an EVO whatsup at the dragstrip. Depends on a few things between now and May 20th.

Mark

Let me do the math:

Fastest Contour is 13.4? Stock Evo's with grandma launch run 13.9.....my car isn't stock and I can launch my car......

Yeah, because hector wasn't the first one to bring up this!

My beef is simply this...Hector hasn't been to the track with his EVO yet he assumes because of said mods it automatically equals 12's. I've been to the track with my buddy's MR and he ran 13.8s all night long. That also being said how many turbo/blown contours are there as opposed to EVO's? For the past two years at SZ the drag has never happened. So certain people have no seen what their cars can do. I went to the track 2 years ago and couldn't pull better than a 2.4 60'...was I affraid of breaking something yes...was it my first time at the track...yes. Have I gone since...nope. Look at it this way...3-4 contours have run mid to low 13's. There are 5-7 turbo/blown contours PERIOD. You guys have a much larger pool of vehicles to project your potential 1/4 mile. What you all seem to be missing is that when I stated the trap speed argument my point was that with practice (that I certaintly won't get) I can get my 1/4 mile time down. I go to the drag strip very rarely and if I'm trapping 96 mph with another 2.4 60'...give me a flippin break. This is racing and racing takes practice...whatever you THINK you are gonna run...throw some more time onto it.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
If Harold comes, its over for everybody.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Hell, I'd be happy to get the chance to run mine down the strip at SZ.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:

Originally posted by LocoGSR:

Originally posted by 5V7 Dr1v3r627:

Originally posted by LocoGSR: I am going to the drag strip this time....who wants to LOSE?

Fixed...

Actually, there's a small chance that my car will be ready to show an EVO whatsup at the dragstrip. Depends on a few things between now and May 20th.

Mark

Let me do the math:

Fastest Contour is 13.4? Stock Evo's with grandma launch run 13.9.....my car isn't stock and I can launch my car......

Yeah, because hector wasn't the first one to bring up this!

My beef is simply this...Hector hasn't been to the track with his EVO yet he assumes because of said mods it automatically equals 12's. I've been to the track with my buddy's MR and he ran 13.8s all night long. That also being said how many turbo/blown contours are there as opposed to EVO's? For the past two years at SZ the drag has never happened. So certain people have no seen what their cars can do. I went to the track 2 years ago and couldn't pull better than a 2.4 60'...was I affraid of breaking something yes...was it my first time at the track...yes. Have I gone since...nope. Look at it this way...3-4 contours have run mid to low 13's. There are 5-7 turbo/blown contours PERIOD. You guys have a much larger pool of vehicles to project your potential 1/4 mile. What you all seem to be missing is that when I stated the trap speed argument my point was that with practice (that I certaintly won't get) I can get my 1/4 mile time down. I go to the drag strip very rarely and if I'm trapping 96 mph with another 2.4 60'...give me a flippin break. This is racing and racing takes practice...whatever you THINK you are gonna run...throw some more time onto it.

Then STFU and let someone who has been to the track in that vehicle type numerous times drive it. Otherwise, you are just ing about getting beat because you suck.

Ryan Trollin!
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Hey [censored]...how many things have you done once and immediatly been good at!?

How many skilled contour drivers are there...and by that I mean guys that frequent the track enough to get their 60' down to 2.0 etc...maybe 2 or 3 guys...

K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Its very unusual for a car to run a 14.7 @81 mph, how in the hell did that happen and again, not doubting it, but rather, just trying to understand it

Secondly, Pete, Hector said he wanted to know who wants to race and then, Alex, fixed it and said "who wants to lose", so like we said, they didn't start it As far as the Venom comment, well, that was a joke on my part, get it, "venom"

Now onto the important stuff, who's ATX/Zetec ass am I going to kick first with the Crossfire

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by hector:
Let me do the math:

The above is what I considered started it...
Anyone can go out and buy an EVO. There is a handful of guys that can build a 13 second contour. I was offended at the push over factor that was brought forth in the above post.

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 44 45

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard