Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
I experience hesitation/bucking,maybe that describes it the car jerks back and forth..would that be clutch slippage or what? my clutch is worn out pretty bad but i thought from reading other post it might my fuel pump/filter/ screen...experts needed

fyi i kno my bio below says spec stage 2 but that not installed yet.

99 SVT/silver frost....with "some" mods SVT FLYWHEEL 4 SALE!!! PM me
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
I wouldn't jump on the clutch right away, unless its warped or something.

Typically, hesitation and jerking would be a fuel issue, or spark issue. I'd MAKE SURE there isn't anything wrong with those two firstly, then go on to looking at more indepth troubleshooting procedures.

Does it do it at any certain points? certain pedal position (gas or clutch) when engaging, or disengaging? after its disengaged ans you are driving around IN GEAR does it still do it? if so, does it do it at VERY rhythmic repetitious rates, or randomly/when you speedup/slow down?

If it was THE CLUTCH, it would likely do it 100% of the time.. repetitive at any time the clutch is disengaged (in gear) or while in the process of engaging/disengaging.

If its doing it at other times, or when it IS disengaged, but randomly, etc, I would look elsewhere.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
It usually happens right after i shift it starts acting up (bumping ,hesitating) and it occurs after i'm pretty hard on the clutch i.e (shifting fast).But there are other times when it works fine..its very weird. I haven't checked any of the fuel items, how would i go about checking them? i got my spark plug change to bosch plat 4 about 9,000 miles ago give or take.One more thing when i get on the gas though it runs like a champ and like i stated above there are times where it runs just fine..any help will be appreciated.

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by brandonsvt99:
i got my spark plug change to bosch plat 4 about 9,000 miles ago give or take.

I'd start by changing those to Autolite APP764 Double Platinums. Bosch +(crap) plugs are one of the least recommended plugs I'd use on this platform.
Gap to 0.054 (0.052-0.056 is the spec)

Change the fuel filter (pass side rear.. 10 minutes.. use the how-to), look in to cleaning the filter on the fuel pump. Common on returnless systems (99+) toss the sock filter.. an internal filter is still in the pump, and is fine.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Thanx ray for the help my car is going in the shop for this problem and tranny rebuild and a couple other new mods i'll keep you posted if this works..any suggestions on plug wires?

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Any follow up to this brandonsvt99? I know it has been a little while, but this sounds exactly like what my car is currently doing.

| 1999 SVT E1 | silver | 147 of 2760

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard