Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Rayn Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
My front speakers are playing loud and my rear speakers sound low and muffled. I have a small sub in the rear deck and all of my door speakers still exist. The previous owner said that he replaced the doors with pioneers... The rear deck is hooked up to an amp to where the light does come on but it doesn't play as loud as I would imagine any speaker to play with an amp hooked up to it.. I played with the fade on the radio but it only revealed that the fronts were playing at least 3x louder than the rears... Any suggestions...

SV Pushing An SVT!!! The Rayn Campaign
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
check the speakers, maybe he changed the fronts with pioneers and kept the back stock. maybe the wires are loose. have you taken the door panel off to check it out?

and as far as the amp'd speaker/sub, maybe it just isn't pushing much power. weak amp = weak noise

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
R
Rayn Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
No, haven't removed the door panels yet. This weekend hopefully it's not raining and snowing so that I can check there. I have a feeling that the amp is decent but since the output is the same as the rears it's recieving the same poor signal. I have a feeling that it is the deck connection but I kind of wouldn't know what the hell I was looking at if it jumped out at me. Maybe I'll take the radio out also and mess around with the speaker wires while the radio is on... I'll stay away from the live wire...

R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
if the gains are set up differently on the amp for channel 1 and 2 than 3 and 4 the fade wont make a difference. im pretty sure of this anyway. i dont know what type of amp you are running

99 contour se debadged "knauberized" fog light mod 17" Enkei CDR9 225/45/17 Contiextremecontacts Alpine CDA-9807 and 2 12" Kicker Comp C12 subwoofers http://members.cardomain.com/ridered81
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
the fade would still make a difference, the max volume just wouldn't be able to go any higher.

where is the amp located? you make it sound like you've never seen it before. and I'm a little confused about your setup, what exactly is amped? the speakers or the rear-deck sub?

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
R
Rayn Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by ridered81:
if the gains are set up differently on the amp for channel 1 and 2 than 3 and 4 the fade wont make a difference. im pretty sure of this anyway. i dont know what type of amp you are running

Factory for the doors and some mono amp in the trunk for the rear deck.. It's mounted upside down and I haven't really inspected it yet for name and power output...

R
Rayn Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by platinum_drew:
the fade would still make a difference, the max volume just wouldn't be able to go any higher.

where is the amp located? you make it sound like you've never seen it before. and I'm a little confused about your setup, what exactly is amped? the speakers or the rear-deck sub?

Only the rear deck sub.. I think that the HU is hooked up to the factory amp that comes in the CSVT behind the glove compartment. Is the factory amp's gain adjustable?

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
no, the factory amp is not adjustable.

do you have an aftermarket headunit? if so, I'd recommend bypassing the factory amp and running your speakers from your headunit.

I'd also suggest figuring out what the heck you have in your car as far as audio equipment ASAP.

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
R
Rayn Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
You are right (about figuring out what's in it), but I am replacing the system in the summer so I didn't really care at first what I had until I realized that the reason why my current system sounded so bad was because my rear stuff was not working correctly. I love music and I have to have at least something to hold me over so I am troubleshooting. I'm gonna climb in the trunk tonight and find out what amp is back there. The radio is a pioneer deck and the 4 doors are supposed to be pioneers. That's all I know so far. I live on a busy block in Brooklyn NY which makes it hard for me to really scrutinize these things. You should of seen the people staring at me when I was in the trunk changing my lifts I mostly work on my car when I have free time which is the wierdest hours (not condusive to stereo testing). I will try to bypass the amp. Thanks guys for the posts so far! You guys are great...

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
the system probably wouldn't sound bad due to rear speakers. you really probably don't hear them much riding the in car, the front speakers and sub will most likely drown out all the noise. the only way I can see it "messing up your sound" is if the quality were really loud, and really poor, you might hear the speakers cracking/distortion...but I doubt that's the case at all

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard