Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
I used ones for a (IIRC) Cadillac Catera. They were $12-15 each brand new and have a lifetime warranty. I did this a good 5 years ago.
I even did a nice write up that may still be in the archives NOBODY EVER SEARCHES.

I would never use used struts personally!

WOW! Even a better deal!!!!!!!!!!!

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T

I would never use used struts personally!

Thanks for the props everyone.

Demon- Look man, yo have some good info and are a very knoledgable person, but your opinion was neither asked for or relivant. How many gen 3 taurii have you seen with failed hood struts....hmmm...none. Mine came off a 99. My parents 96 taurus has the same struts as day one and they work like new. So if i got a max of 3 years id be happy....by then ill have totaled this car or onto somthing much better.

As for the writeup....ill try to do one. Or if demon would like, he can post a link to his writeup.

BTW: the priceyou listed is also 5 years old...try getting thoes struts for that price now!

-Brad

98' Red E0 Contour SVT - Project SVT Tour' Pioneer Touch Screen Navigation / DVD, Infinity Speakers Borla Stainless Cat-Back, AEM True CAI, High Flow Y-Pipe 3L Hybrid w/ 3L Valves, Window Automation, Torsen LSD
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Using the part numbers out of the archives (there were 3 listed that work BTW) I came up with $16, $20, $23 each on Autozone's website.

Funny what you can find when you actually search. Saw some old names too while I was digging. Those posts sure were a lot better then the typical BS posted on this site now days. How things decline.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Using the part numbers out of the archives (there were 3 listed that work BTW) I came up with $16, $20, $23 each on Autozone's website.

Funny what you can find when you actually search. Saw some old names too while I was digging. Those posts sure were a lot better then the typical BS posted on this site now days. How things decline.

What terms did you search the "Archives" with? I am not having much luck with it.

Old posts are fun!

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
i dont see anyone saying they could not figure somthing out. I just posted how i did myu hood struts. Im not saying its better or anything.

And if the posts are so worthless and you know it all, why stick around?

Glad to hear you can get cheap new struts thoe. Thanks for the info....

-Brad

98' Red E0 Contour SVT - Project SVT Tour' Pioneer Touch Screen Navigation / DVD, Infinity Speakers Borla Stainless Cat-Back, AEM True CAI, High Flow Y-Pipe 3L Hybrid w/ 3L Valves, Window Automation, Torsen LSD
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Here is the link. Hope it stops the chest thumping or whatever is happening here.

http://www.contour.org/archive/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB2&Number=97475&Forum=All_Forums&Words=strut%20kit&Match=And&Searchpage=7&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=97474&Search=true#Post97475

Spy guy, thanks for the alternative write-up. Pictures paint a thousand words.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard