Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Just wondering if it was anyone from this site.

It happened on US1 and 90-something street at the mall where the Hooligans is at around 8am. From what I could tell it was an E1 in silver. I spotted the Fire Department pouring water into the engine bay of the smoldering car. The hood was shattered and burnt to a crisp. There was a guy in his early 20's standing outside of the car watching the FD do their work.

Was it a CEG member? If so, I'm sorry for the loss.

K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I wonder if its a 3.0L w/ the current fuel rail

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Have you tried COA?

That's one thing that tends to happen out here. All the humidity will pull a number on your fuel rails and rust it up bad. Many a floridiot's car had been burnt to a crisp due to that. I've seen like 5 driving to Miami from West Palm in ONE DAY.

If anything I doubt he was a member. Probably never even touched the hood latch!

Is my car for sale? PM me if you're in South FL.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Haha that's awesome! Go GM!

YES, SIR!!! General Aviation is Looking good right now...http://www.beapilot.com
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
thats crazy.... I just spotted a black SVT in PGA by prosperity Famrs RD.

99 T-RED 3L SVT Apillar Guages How-To 3L 98 CSVT SF/MB 4 SALE 7500 obo pm me
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by gilroynewball:

That's one thing that tends to happen out here. All the humidity will pull a number on your fuel rails and rust it up bad. Many a floridiot's car had been burnt to a crisp due to that. I've seen like 5 driving to Miami from West Palm in ONE DAY.

Are you kidding? After living in Florida for 17 years I have never heard of that, ever. Doesnt even make sense, especially considering there are tons of places at least as humid as Florida.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

Are you kidding? After living in Florida for 17 years I have never heard of that, ever. Doesnt even make sense, especially considering there are tons of places at least as humid as Florida.

I've lived in Florida for 25 years and have never heard of this fuel rail rust problem. I've had 3 Contiques, still own two, and have an SVT fuel rail sitting next to me right now. Not a lick of rust on ANY of them - and I don't maintain my car aggressively enough to EVER do any maintenance to the fuel rails.

Maybe it's just aircraft that have this problem...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

I've lived in Florida for 25 years and have never heard of this fuel rail rust problem. I've had 3 Contiques, still own two, and have an SVT fuel rail sitting next to me right now. Not a lick of rust on ANY of them - and I don't maintain my car aggressively enough to EVER do any maintenance to the fuel rails.

we all know his dislike for FL. so this shouldnt be a big surprise coming from him.

Formaly FLCEGkid Chris Bertrand 1995 Ford Contour Gl 2.5 V6 MTX FOR SALE! Somebody please buy my Fiberglas hood!!
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
This I've seen in Palm Beach and Broward a lot. And particularly with SUPER CRAP cars. But I mean, CRAP CAR, falling apart and everything. Fit to put in a fire anyhow.

Plus I've seen it in a friend's van (some Nissan thing), which is kept in "decent" condition (outside. Under the hood is a different story). REALLY RUSTED fuel rail. Don't ask me why or how, but I saw it. When I get the chance, I might take a photo of it.

Quote:

lol, no, but you should see what a hurricane can to do a plane. No flame war, please.

For that, go to airliners.net and check out the arguments on airbus v. boeing. Really heated! Good thing I'm not in it!

Is my car for sale? PM me if you're in South FL.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Haha that's awesome! Go GM!

YES, SIR!!! General Aviation is Looking good right now...http://www.beapilot.com

Moderated by  Lee_dup2, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard