Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Mine is now totally manual. It always runs when I turn the switch on, and it never runs when the switch is off. It is totally independent of the a/c. It's not really a good situation, but it's better than it not working at all. At least, now I am in control.

95 Contour Zetec, ATX (wrecked, sitting in the barn) 95 Mystique Zetec, MTX 2000 Taurus SEL 3.0L Duratec 1994 Crown Victoria LX 4.6 V8 1993 Chevy Silverado 4.3 V6
B
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
it dosent come on when i turn the ac on it just sits there Im really bothered that it will overheat

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
The cooling fan"expert" is here Probably, the low speed circuit has failed. Remove the 2 relays, key off. If you jump 3-5 on the green relay's socket,the fan should run low speed. Then jump 3-5 on the black high speed relay's socket the fan should run high. If the 2 speeds work, with strong airflow then the fan circuit/resistor is OK. (You could pull the ECT sensor plug, see if the fan comes on and stays on. That will set the CEL light.) The Pin 7 of low speed relay goes to PCM (Powertrain Control Module) which triggers the relay, and could be a wiring problem there. The a/c should trigger the fan after a short delay. Fan first, compressor next is how mine (V6) works. If the fan does not work, the a/c will overpressure shortly, turn a/c off asap. Here is a V6 schematic, the Zetec is the same, 1 fan motor instead.

[image][/image]

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by FavoriteMystaque:
The cooling fan"expert" is here ...

LOL. . Welcome back!

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
B
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
Ok i jumped the two and the high speed fan works, low speed had no power, so now im not sure what to do any advice?

Last edited by bigjohnstud5; 01/21/06 01:02 AM.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
get a new cooling fan

1999 Ford Contour SE Zetec with 137k miles. AIM Name: ContourAlf Yahoo IM: Contour_Freak
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by contourfreak22:
get a new cooling fan

The fans are wired in parallel. They should both operate at the same time at the same speed. Observe the splice designation (S44) on the drawing.

If only one works, the the other either has lost its power or the motor has failed.

I'd suspect the low speed dropping resistor is open. Check it with a meter.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
B
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
I dont think buyin cooling fan would help since the one in it works fine its just not getting power from the slow speed circuit, lke it is from the high speed. I need to figuire out how to fix the slow speed circuit!!!! this car is getting frustrating!!!

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by bigjohnstud5:
I dont think buyin cooling fan would help since the one in it works fine its just not getting power from the slow speed circuit, lke it is from the high speed. I need to figuire out how to fix the slow speed circuit!!!! this car is getting frustrating!!!

It's always frustrating when you don't follow directions.

Test the resistor. Replace if open. Very common.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
B
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
Im sorry, thnx for the help but where is the resistor (what does it look like) and how do i test it? Im far from an auto mechanic as you might of already guessed?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard