Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
TwoTwinTours - I think I've read every post of yours that talks about how much money you spend on repairs. Do you walk into a repair shop with the word oblivious on your forehead? I bet you'd pay to have your tires filled with air. When you walk into Joe's muffler shop, do the 2 guys behind the counter look at eachother kind of funny, then laugh a little bit, and then start doing a money dance? Do you direct deposit your paycheck, right into the Ford dealership account? Unless you blew your engine and transmission, and the suspension completely fell out from underneath the car, there's no way you should have spent the money you did on repairs. Sorry for the long rant, but your posts about spending $9000 in a year on repairs just makes me .

Good luck with the Cobalt.

Mark

I was thinking the same thing. I haven't put 9k into my car and I have a LONG LONG list of receipts!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Planning to make a financial move in the next year or two, and part of that will bring the benefit of being able to purchase a new(er) car. I'm lookin' at trading the Contour or Mystique for a used Town Car, LS V-8, Jag 3.0, or perhaps a new Milan or Mazda 6. Few more things are coming into play as time goes on. I've got plenty of time to weigh my options & pick something that will best fit the next phase of my life.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
James,
Might I suggest the LS V8? Not sure if you've driven one yet, but they are flippin' sweet! They handle great, even in the snow. The Town Car is a nice ride, but too Grandpa for my tastes. Jaguar is another nice ride, but hard to find for a decent price. Good luck, as I'm wondering if I'll end up taking the same route one of these days.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoââ??¢:
TwoTwinTours - I think I've read every post of yours that talks about how much money you spend on repairs. Do you walk into a repair shop with the word oblivious on your forehead? I bet you'd pay to have your tires filled with air. When you walk into Joe's muffler shop, do the 2 guys behind the counter look at eachother kind of funny, then laugh a little bit, and then start doing a money dance? Do you direct deposit your paycheck, right into the Ford dealership account? Unless you blew your engine and transmission, and the suspension completely fell out from underneath the car, there's no way you should have spent the money you did on repairs. Sorry for the long rant, but your posts about spending $9000 in a year on repairs just makes me .

Mark

I was thinking the same thing. I haven't put 9k into my car and I have a LONG LONG list of receipts!

So was I.

If your going to have a car with as high mileage as you have on that one...you should be able to do the majority of the work on it yourself. With the Explorer, Mystique and my first Contour (haven't had to repair anything on the SVT) combined, I haven�t spent that much on repairs, and that includes a torque converter and pump replacement by a tranny shop for the Explorer.

Sorry for the OT. Back to the original topic.

Last edited by KyleH; 01/17/06 05:32 PM.

My Cars 1999 Silver Frost SVT - 80,000km #2603/2760 Aug. 10, 1999. 1996 Mercury Mystique LS V6 MTX - retired @ 323,151km. 1995 Ford Contour V6 MTX-sold @ 214,000km
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
As another posted, I'm waiting for an SVT version of the Fusion. Having said that, if I am overcome by the modding bug, I'll probably have to keep the car or un-mod it before trading it in - assuming it's worth anything as a trade-in, as I have too many vehicles already. I'm already having second thoughts about doing too much modding and may just put it back to stock before I get any deeper into it. If there's no SVT Fusion, then I guess I'll keep the Contour.
Karl

*** It's all about consistency! *** *** Previously 88SVT *** 06 F150 Supercrew 5.4L FX4 98 SVT Contour #4362 Born 1/6/1998 86 Ranger GT (For Sale) 69 Fiat 850 Sport Spider (For Sale) 67 Formula-S Barracuda
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I've already sold 2!

Steve Help Support MS research 2003 SAAB 9-3 Vector 2002 Explorer Limited Former cars '98 T-Red SVT and 2000 Silver Frost SVT
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
i might be buying a mystique
but on a different note.. i'm going to the gave with my SVT...

Mark 1998 T-Red SVT -Needs more Go 1999 Light Prairie Tan, Se Zetec www.cardomain.com/id/tour4reak
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M

Mark

I have a full service history or every part I've put into the car. I personally can't do stuff like swap a tranny on my own. I bought the car in rough shape with 160 000mi on it. Just to pass the safety check I needed brakes,struts,ball joints and tires. After all that was said and done,a few weeks later the tranny was toast and needed to be replaced. Then the water pump blew on my way to work...then my cv shaft started clicking,and my wheel bearings started howling,then my starter motor started sticking and so on and so on.

I basically had to throw money at it to fix it properly because I neither have the time,space or tools to work on the car myself. I just got home from work. I worked 12 and a half hours today. That doesn't leave me much free time to wrench on my car. It's 3am right now. I've been up since 8am this morning. I have a mechanic friend who gives me large discounts on his labour rate,and I haven't spent much money on labour,it's all been in parts.

The car was a piece of [censored] from day one. I traded in a perfectly good Mystique that just needed new tires and a temp sender and some light bodywork,for a steaming pile of crap. Worst decision I've made in quite a while. Well,since my ex atleast....

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by TwoTwinTours:
Worst decision I've made in quite a while. Well,since my ex atleast....

I had to laugh at that one !

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
James,
Might I suggest the LS V8? Not sure if you've driven one yet, but they are flippin' sweet! They handle great, even in the snow. The Town Car is a nice ride, but too Grandpa for my tastes. Jaguar is another nice ride, but hard to find for a decent price. Good luck, as I'm wondering if I'll end up taking the same route one of these days.

Mark

LS V-8 is definately in consideration, and the Town Car too. I likes my comforts... The Jag may be off the list. The reliability reports seem to suggest quality is hit-or-miss. At any rate, I'd expect better marks from Jag. Pricing is not crazy for them either. 2002 models (both 2.5 and 3.0) can be had for under $15k US pretty regularly. Some 2003s have been seen in that price range also. I love the car, but I'm approaching 45 years old myself & the little repairs & such that we go through for the Contiques is something I would like to minimize in the future.

I am also now considering Honda as my family has had such great experience with the cars & the customer support from Honda corporate. I don't like the stock handling for their cars, and the feel has always seemed a bit rubbery & detached from the Accord coupes that I've owned & driven (currently own a '98 EX coupe), but there is a huge aftermarket to tap into that may fix that.

The field was narrowing...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard