Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1481775 01/17/06 07:40 PM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Bailey:
Finding an apartment in the GTA area, i was finally able to convince Judy to move back to Ontario (GTA area), i won't have any trouble finding work ( i'm a drywall finisher).But i will need help to find a descent place.

Does anybody know of a website that could help me find a place, and/or could give me a heads up for the following :

- avg. prices for a 2 bedroom apt.
- is it still first and last months rent ( on signing the lease)
- pets allowed or not
and in what kind of neighborhood would that be

Thanks for the help

- is it still first and last months rent
Yes

- pets allowed or not
No pets allowed is technically non-enforcable in Ontario. Landlord have other avenues for enforcing "no pets allowed", but only after the fact, like if you have a dog that barks its head off.

98 GL sport (V6 MTX) The Durable Duratec? - (DMD, Metal impeller WaterPump, Synth & Stinky in the tranny)
#1481776 01/18/06 08:22 PM
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Or if the pet causes undue stress to someone with health issues, but even then it's something that would have to go thru the Tribunal for it to see any real action.

Also know your rights as a tenant in Ontario... And that rights on your landlord as they usually need to be reminded.

Ontario Rental Housing Tribunal

As for sites, I had a preference to viewit.ca, but nothing works as well as driving through the neighborhoods you would like to live in, the place I just moved into was found simply by driving around.

cheers, and good luck!

-------------------- 1999 Black/Tan CSVT #2658 of 2760 201,000+km - K&N, Magnecor race wires, Optima red top, BAT Euro Kit, KVR CF pads, PIAA Plasma Ion bulbs. 1989 Yamaha FZR600 - 40,000+km - K&N Pods, Stage 3 Jets, V&H 4-1 exhaust
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard