Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Rayn:
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Though Spax are just as good as BAT struts for moderate drops. The FAQ is wrong.
For serious drops/coilovers, Koni or Bilsteins are the only way to go.

Thank You! Someone actually has a pulse... I ended up just ordering the BAT kit since my car is more for driving and not show. I need the feel of the ride to be decent.

I came in a little late, sorry. I'm in the process of installing a BAT kit on my SECOND Contique and you will be quite pleased with the results. Closest you can come to BMW or BETTER without spending $20,000.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
R
Rayn Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Sounds very promising!!!

SV Pushing An SVT!!! The Rayn Campaign
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
TourDeFroce is right, the ride height and stance are nice (not like a KONI kit, but...) the handling and ride quality are AMAZING as all hell. My CSVT was 1.25" lower all around-perfect for 17 or 18's. You will be extraordinarily happy with your purchase.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
The FAQ is wrong.

If you feel it's wrong then make a post with corrected information. Otherwise your statement means nothing.

Originally posted by Rayn:
This little feature only brings up the topics that I started if I search "Coil Overs"... I do know about the search feature... What I don't know much about is suspensions! I'm a nurse/musician for gods sake!!!

I'm a finacial analyst, so what? What does that have to do with knowing about suspensions? Your looking struts, the FAQ has struts listed. Searching for "BAT", "Koni", "Bilstein", "Spax" would have netted a ton of results.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
R
Rayn Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
It means that I know nothing about them! I have no real knowledge on struts and coil overs and all that stuff. I'm attempting to obtain some type of ground but instead of reading into my questions you guys are just quick to reply "COVERED MANY TIMES" There is no post about coil overs I had to search a bunch of sites before I even knew what they were. Some people may need more detail than just what's in a FAQ... Pardon for being inquisitive...

R
Rayn Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by CoopOfG6:
TourDeFroce is right, the ride height and stance are nice (not like a KONI kit, but...) the handling and ride quality are AMAZING as all hell. My CSVT was 1.25" lower all around-perfect for 17 or 18's. You will be extraordinarily happy with your purchase.

I recieved my BAT kit today! It's in my living room. Can't wait until Saturday to get it installed!!!! I hope they are as good as you guys say...

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Rayn, let me know what you think of the BAT kit on the streets of Brooklyn once you finally get it installed. I used to live in Bklyn and drive up fairly often and I plan on going with an aftermarket suspension and was advised the BAT kit is the best for NYC streets. Also, let me know what it cost to get it installed in NYC and where. Thanks

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by BlueMystique:
Rayn, let me know what you think of the BAT kit on the streets of Brooklyn once you finally get it installed. I used to live in Bklyn and drive up fairly often and I plan on going with an aftermarket suspension and was advised the BAT kit is the best for NYC streets. Also, let me know what it cost to get it installed in NYC and where. Thanks

The ride WILL be firmer than stock because of the springs mostly. If you have heavily potholed streets, you'll feel them a bit more than you would in a soft GL spring setup but you won't rattle your bones or anything like that. The SE springs are fairly firm to begin with, so the difference in ride will be less obvious & you'll get used to it easily.

The big benefit will be the handling. Huge benefit. Almost no nose dive on braking, great road holding around corners, and a very balanced, sophisticated feel in maneuvers.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Tour D, Thanks for the info. I have a Mystique LS and unfortunately the car is in the Shop here in NYC right now; apparently the right front spring was cracked and that is being replaced by Ford under recall warranty. The struts are being replaced under warranty. I have only had the car about a month and it seems that the spring was cracked from the get go, so I don't really know what the stock ride is supposed to be like; the car nosed dived pretty bad and heading was upset on high frequency potholes, not jarring but unstable and the car would crunch on low frequency holes and speed bumps. I had driven some SE's and thought they had a nice ride handling trade off, but I was told the Tique LS suspension was softer than the Tour SE set up?

I just want something handles well but is livable on trips to NYC. Once I get the car back and I am sure that everything under warranty is okay I will be doing some mods the first is likely to be the suspension. I thought about Koni adjustables I figured I could turn up when in NC/MD and turn down when in NYC, but was told it lowered the car a bit much for NYC streets. I know a lot of this stuff is sort of addressed in other threads (I have read most of them) But I noticed that Rayn is in Brooklyn, which is a whole different world in terms of pot holes

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Pix will have to wait till this weekend. I have no way to post them here at work. The sites I use are blocked.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard