Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Great work Jon!! I love the switches, hurry up and figure out the defrost switch, once you do I'll be back for that and the moonroof switch!

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Great work Jon!! I love the switches, hurry up and figure out the defrost switch, once you do I'll be back for that and the moonroof switch!

Defrost is simple as well. It's fun replacing the orginal weak yellow indicator with a high MCD led. It's almost blinding haha

The rest arent realyly anytihng he can ship.. Youll have to crack open ur stuff and take out bulbs. Once the bulbs are out find the + and ground then solder in the resistor right onto the resistor/leg onto the + and then the ground end of the LED to the socket's ground. The you have to point it properly so you dont get any hotspots.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
How are your guys switches holding up? Mine arent to good.

Week after jon installed the LED's half of the main switch went out. Not long after that my driver side lock/ unlock switch starting flickering and continued for about an hour before it burnt out. A couple weeks ago a switch in the back did the same.

He does not have time to fix what he guaranteed Dealing with a high school student here.

When asked for a refund, he says I have no money!! Months go by, and I simply ask for a $15 refund for what he screwed up on.

I waste my time driving out to his house to avoid shipping charges and what not, and this is how he handles a customer.

Anyway, I'd like to know how everyone elses stuff is holding up?

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I did all my LEDs on my own, but any idea what he is using for resistors?

My guess is they are not rated correctly.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Burt, I warned him about this problem.
I've actually done atleast 25+ sets for my cars and my buds and the buttons all eventually die off.

The rears go first no doubt, then the front window switches. It has something to do with the unstable current running through those because the front lock lights never die and the lights in the intruments, knobs anbd hvac never die either.

It has something to do with how when you hit say the passenger window down on the master window switch the light on the passenger single siwtch can flicker or die. The power seems unstable.

I warned him a couple of times, it's why I NEVER made a GB on them.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Mine are doing fine. No problems so far.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Matt R:
Mine are doing fine. No problems so far.

+1

I did mine myself one year ago and they are work like they did from day one. djdanyloz, when you say they die, how long you talking here? 1 month, 1 year, 5 years.....??

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
On my main switch one of the passenger window switch doesnt light up. And the window lock doesn't work so the the rear windows will only work from the main switch. I have also gone through 3 fuses since having them done.

1999 Mercury Mystique LS w/ SVT body kit http://www.cardomain.com/ride/320761 Mmmm! Goddamn, Jimmie! This is some serious gourmet shit!
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by djdanyloz:
Burt, I warned him about this problem.
I've actually done atleast 25+ sets for my cars and my buds and the buttons all eventually die off.

The rears go first no doubt, then the front window switches. It has something to do with the unstable current running through those because the front lock lights never die and the lights in the intruments, knobs anbd hvac never die either.

It has something to do with how when you hit say the passenger window down on the master window switch the light on the passenger single siwtch can flicker or die. The power seems unstable.

I warned him a couple of times, it's why I NEVER made a GB on them.

I had problems like this with my door handle LEDs, i found out that it was related to the power feed...and according to more knowledgeable people that i've talked to, you're right, its related to the uneven current...if the current surges for whateve reason...too much current and the LEDs heat up...heat murders LEDs.

When i tapped power for my door handle leds, i went into the switch harnesses...so the problem is likely the same.

Based on what i've experienced, it's worse with cheapo LEDs... they die fast...on the other hand, i've had one radioshack blue led in my car that just uses a voltage reducing resistor inline and has been working fine for close to 2 years now...so i suppose with better quality leds it may not be such an issue (short-term)

Anyway since i had a lot of crappy cheap LEDs what i ended up doing is using LM 7805 voltage regulators to drive all of those leds...low priced from online sources and like $1.50 from radioshack...all of the cheapo leds have been working fine for about 1.5 yrs now.

I have a set of window switches in my basement ...was planning to do the color change...haven't gotten around to it yet...what i was thinking of doing is looking at schematics for the switch connector and seeing if there is a single wire that feeds power to the LED for all the switches...it was this way on my sunroof switch...i know since i added a lighted one....so it should work for the single switches...that way you could add in a voltage regulator off of the proper wire coming out of the connector....one of these days i'll do it...

...my $.02

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Man I just realized this morning that half my MAIN switch is working and one unlock/ lock switch is working. AND that is all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To make it worse, this Jon guy who gauranteed his stuff will not refund my money! He offered me 10 bucks What a joke!

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard