Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1480276 01/13/06 02:37 PM
K
OP Offline
K
i recently got into an accident with my '95 contour. i need a new hood, and was looking around in junk yards. my friend said he has a '98 hood in my color and i was wondering if i were to but a '98 grill and '98 headlights if this would fit in somewhat ok. if anyone knows or if anyone has tried this please reply for me.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
This guy is doing it right now. You may want to contact him... But I'm thinking its more work then you want to get yourself into

A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Kyle Gilligan:
i recently got into an accident with my '95 contour. i need a new hood, and was looking around in junk yards. my friend said he has a '98 hood in my color and i was wondering if i were to but a '98 grill and '98 headlights if this would fit in somewhat ok. if anyone knows or if anyone has tried this please reply for me.

You also are going to need the 98 fenders and 98 front bumper, and you will need the 98 mount pannel. As well as the headlights and grill.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Not just grille and headlights .. bumper and fenders too at the least, probably more. It's only really worth the cost if you either plan to keep the car forever or already have it extensively modded (as tour96se does).

EDIT: bah! AliasJerk

Last edited by 98 SE; 01/13/06 03:19 PM.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I read a while back that you need to modify the subframe corners so the headlights will clear.

Might as well just swap the whole front clip...

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by 98 SE:
Not just grille and headlights .. bumper and fenders too at the least, probably more. It's only really worth the cost if you either plan to keep the car forever or already have it extensively modded (as tour96se does).

I win

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by AliasJerk:
Originally posted by 98 SE:

I win

"Why do you win?"

"Because I win."

"Hey what's that game called your playing?"

"I WIN!"

From Big Daddy in case anyone don't know.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by Kane:
I read a while back that you need to modify the subframe corners so the headlights will clear.

Might as well just swap the whole front clip...

correct...amongst other things

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Do it man! Do it! Don't let a bit of challenge stop you. I think the hood deal in the same color is enough to start the ball rolling.

We had an '05 Focus guy in Dezert Focus change that ugly new front end to an '04, which meant the same sorts of challenges and he shopped for all correctly colored parts and didn't end up having to paint anything. Very nice job and he hadn't damaged the car, just wanted to get the good front end looks back. It was well worth it.....

Dezert Focus Member and Fan of all Euro-Fords. Once driven to the Darkside, there's no turning back.
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by Rodewaryer:
Do it man! Do it! Don't let a bit of challenge stop you. I think the hood deal in the same color is enough to start the ball rolling.

We had an '05 Focus guy in Dezert Focus change that ugly new front end to an '04, which meant the same sorts of challenges and he shopped for all correctly colored parts and didn't end up having to paint anything. Very nice job and he hadn't damaged the car, just wanted to get the good front end looks back. It was well worth it.....

i wish i would've been that lucky...i thought i was gonna be able to do that,but the guy decided to keep the whole car(sentamental reasons)...so i have white fenders and hood,primer gray header panel and a silver frost svt front bumper...

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard