Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Disregard the CEG factor - friends made, forums, etc.

Based purely on the platform itself, knowing what you know now, if you had to do it again would you have purchased a Contour/Mystique?
Yes
Probably
Unsure - 50/50
Probably not
No

Discussion welcome.

Thanks MattR!

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Of course I would! I just bought the SVT 1/5/06 so I hope I would still want to buy one a week later! I think it was nice having a SE first because as a buddy of mine said, "The SE looks great but now that you got a SVT it can be a masterpiece."

98 Lime Green SE w/SVT Kit, Projectors, CF Hood, 18" Rims, GC's, Shaved, System 98.5 Silver SVT #5737 Black FSVT Rims, MSDS, BAT Drop 85 Toyota PU Lifted 06 GSX R 600 Black/Silver My Rides
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
My car kind of fell in my lap so I HAD to take it. It was my aunts and she had some guy at a gas station(yes, I know) tell her what was wrong with it cause it wasn't shifting. Guy says tranny. She buys a new car, finds out it was a sensor. Voila! I like it but I can't help but want another car though. I guess its a good first car though. I like it.

Champagne 1995 Ford Contour LX R.I.P. - 7/11/06 V6 2.5L 24v DOHC Oversized System
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
For somebody who can turn a wrench to some small degree these are great cars to own. The platform has its weaknesses, but with some aggressive mainenance the three I have owned have been relatively trouble free. I.E., they've never stranded me or my family, and high dollar repairs have been few.

Alternator nearly left me high & dry, but that was the fault of the shop that did the first r&r for me.

Admittedly, if your intent is to mod, there are better choices. For an all around package to keep nearly stock or lightly mod, these cars are hard to beat - especially for the price.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Purchase, yes. Mod to the extent I have. No.

Ryan Trollin!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
based solely on the car itself I would still buy one now

for the money it is a good car, the reason I got started was because I like my fatehrs car so much back in 96 when he got his 95. that made me want to get one just like it. and it was down hill from there

I do know I wouldn't have done as much as I have done to the car if it wasn't for the forums

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I just got my mystique last summer '98 LS after my son totaled our '94 Caravan. I was looking through the paper and found it for $1400. That's exactly how much the Ins. Co. gave me for the Caravan. Anyway In the first week I found out the alternator was fried. Cost me $600 more. and the MTX75 grinds in 3rd, bad syncros. Not looking forward to that $$$. But some how I still fell in love with this car. It's got plenty of power and It's still stock. I wouldn't trade it for anything execpt maybe a Viper or Vette or Porsche...... But it's a good car and I would/will buy another one.

For Sale 98+ SVT gauge cluster '98 Mystique LS 2.5l 5spd
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Yeah.

There's not many cars like the CSVT that are available for the price.

Ideally I'd like a 330d, but that's not available.

Other options are the M6 Sport GT or the Acura TSX. Both are in the new range and double at least the cost of a used CSVT.

The new A3 catches my eye but again, too up there in price.

Meanwhile GM churns out big sedans with fwd V8's, Ford releases ugly cars with auto only and DC has given up on the performance mid-compact segment. Toyota doesn't make anything exciting. BMW's hurt too much on the insurance side.

It's sad that Europe has all the cars that I would buy/like, too bad the gas over there is nutty. When the hell will car makers learn the market is changing ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard