Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
G Stone Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Since this forum "sucks" so bad here is a bench racing question. My friend is willing to bet me $500 that his g/f's 95 Grand Prix 3.lL will beat my V6 Contour. Now, I raced the car before when the girl was driving and beat it by half a car length or so but she says she wasn't really trying (i don't believe that). Neway, what do you guys think?The car has aver 200,000 miles on it but I think the engine and tranny were replaced at 100,000 maybe. Same engine and all. Let me know.

Champagne 1995 Ford Contour LX R.I.P. - 7/11/06 V6 2.5L 24v DOHC Oversized System
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by GregDawg:
Since this forum "sucks" so bad here is a bench racing question. My friend is willing to bet me $500 that his g/f's 95 Grand Prix 3.lL will beat my V6 Contour. Now, I raced the car before when the girl was driving and beat it by half a car length or so but she says she wasn't really trying (i don't believe that). Neway, what do you guys think?The car has aver 200,000 miles on it but I think the engine and tranny were replaced at 100,000 maybe. Same engine and all. Let me know.

Thats kind of a tuffy. The trannie in the GP probably would shift at better points then in the ATX duratec. Ive been in an ATX Duratec mystique, they pull hard in first gear, but then in 2nd they shift prematurely. I say you have the upper hand though, as the GM 3.1L Doesnt have much to speak for it. As long as you remove you're "oversized system" I think you will be fine.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by AliasJerk:
Originally posted by GregDawg:

Thats kind of a tuffy. The trannie in the GP probably would shift at better points then in the ATX duratec. Ive been in an ATX Duratec mystique, they pull hard in first gear, but then in 2nd they shift prematurely. I say you have the upper hand though, as the GM 3.1L Doesnt have much to speak for it. As long as you remove you're "oversized system" I think you will be fine.

Thats my mystique

1998.5 SVT contour #5979 3L 1995 Mercury Mystique 2.5L auto, all ghetto fo sho
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Well I think you should be able to take it out. I beat my wifes 2002 grand am gt ram air by almost a whole cars length!! If I can beat that car you can take the grand prix I am sure. The grand prix's dont pull that hard upstairs. Now You better be consistant though or there is a chance he may take you. I got a 5 speed in my tour and she took the jump everytime but 2-3 gear would put me out front everytime!! I love these cars lol. Oh where in MN are you from?? I am in MN as well.

G
G Stone Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Thanks for the advice guys. I may have forgot to mention that my car is an ATX.

I live in Brainerd, MN ellmers, how bout you?

Champagne 1995 Ford Contour LX R.I.P. - 7/11/06 V6 2.5L 24v DOHC Oversized System
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I dunno man...is the GP a gt or not? I think the GP would walk you(me too)
EDIT: If your going to race on a "track" make sure you gut your car, back seat, system, spare tire and anything you can shave to get less weight. Also make sure your gas tank is almost empty...between a full tank and 1 gal there is I believe a 70lb difference (dont quote me). Thats a lot of extra weight...just my

G
G Stone Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
No its not a GT I wanna say...GXE or something weird like that.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
A GXP, GTP, GT, or base model
EDIT....NVM the GXP was not around and the GTP has a 3.8 as does the GT

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
I am from Crystal MN on the border of Minneapolis. I dunno. The grand prix's are heavy as well. but it does depend on the model as well. GTP forget it your done lol. My wifes car has more power and torque than my 95 contour but I still smoked her lol. 4 times in a row. But now I need a new engine cause mine smoked in the last race lol. Man there are some nice straights up there in Brainerd lol. Including the track.

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Been there won that! (in my atx!)

It wasnt a grand prix, but it was a grand am. I'm sure the GP's weigh more. From a stop or even from a dig at 30(where it downshifts to 3k) the tour always pulled away from the grand am. If you loose this, then

Metallic Steel Blue 99 SE Sport ATX college= few mods Infinity Kappas just added I have no secondaries! SELL ME YOUR WORKING IMRC box!!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard