Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Forget about it guys. Everybody smile..

So it looks like a head gasket. Pull the head & see if there is any damage to the head or the block. It is likely that the only real damage will be to the gasket. You'll be able to replace it & hit the road if that's the case. Bad part about that is you'll have to go through the cam alignment if you have a VCT engine. Not difficult, but kinda a PITA.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Forget about it guys. Everybody smile..

So it looks like a head gasket. Pull the head & see if there is any damage to the head or the block. It is likely that the only real damage will be to the gasket. You'll be able to replace it & hit the road if that's the case. Bad part about that is you'll have to go through the cam alignment if you have a VCT engine. Not difficult, but kinda a PITA.

NOOOOO!!!! Have the head checked by a shop. The block is not the problem when the head gasket is "done." If you let the engine overheat the ALUMINUM head may warp. Better be safe, than sorry.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
hey guys well i finally found the problem for the car
it seems like its leaking engine block somehow. i took one of the sparkpluggs out and as soon as i tried to turtn the engine on zntifreeze shot out of the hole mixed with gas and little oil. so thats deff not good. Im actually leaning towards gettign my whole engine replaced just because its been overheated few times and it has 133000 miles on it. My body and everything on the car is nearly perfect conditon so i think it would make more sence to swap the engines and get much more life out of the car without having to go throught engine problems for a while.
WHAT YOU THINK GUYS

1996 GL 2.0 16V Zetec DOHC AIM s/n- DJWhiterussian
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard