Next Thread
Print Thread
#1477368 01/09/06 12:43 PM
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
I need a fuel line for my nitrous kit so i can tap off my fuel rail with a 4an on the other end to attatch to the solonoid. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Mark

ST24 Mondeo, 19's, Koni/GC coilovers, Morrette headlights, bespoke interior etc etc
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Unthread the stock fuel pressure fitting port, the port where you check fuel pressure. It just unscrews, 10mm socket I think.
You can find a brass fitting, A&N type I think? Anyway you thread in that type of fitting directly into the line with a tiny bit of thread sealant. Then you just hook your braided steel line to it and then to the solenoid.
It is very easy and when I ran mine that way very safe. Everything bolted up nice and actually went back to stock nice and safely.

Two recommendations:

Bottle heater
Fuel pressure cut off solenoid ...extra forty bucks or less.

If you can do it, get the remote bottle cut off, or a secondary solenoid that you can just activate with a switch, powered by switched 12v ignition source. You should mount it near the bottle.
I advise this extra backup in case you need to manually cut off the line in case of a problem. If you shut off the car it would close the solenoid or if youhit the switch.

The only problem I ever had with my nitrous setup was the damn nitrous solenoid stuck open on my and since I only had one solenoid in line it stayed on even though I had come back to idle and the fuel had shut off. It idled high and if I had been smart enough to shut the bottle off in the trunk all would have been well. Instead I shut off the key..... BAD.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Thanx for the reply and the advice but do you know where i can get the brass reducer piece as i have had no luck locally
I dont want to cut my fuel line and put the barbed t-piece in as i may want to put it back to stock one day and it looks neat off the fuel rail.

Mark

ST24 Mondeo, 19's, Koni/GC coilovers, Morrette headlights, bespoke interior etc etc
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Try calling someone like Summit Racing and ask them. Even though they aren't local they ship so damn fast it'll make your head spin, even with ground shipping! Plus they know there stuff. I'm sure the fuel schrader valve fitting is the same as you'd find on a Mustang, so with that knowledge I bet they havve something for the Mustangs that would work on the Contour.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by PEWTNERST24:
Thanx for the reply and the advice but do you know where i can get the brass reducer piece as i have had no luck locally
I dont want to cut my fuel line and put the barbed t-piece in as i may want to put it back to stock one day and it looks neat off the fuel rail.

Mark

I got mine at Ace Hardware in the brass plumbing fitting. I guarantee that Home Depot has them too, they have a nice small brass plumbing section and that type of fitting is standard. Easy to find. Just shut down the car, pull the fuel pump fuse and run the car till it stop to burn up the fuel under pressure in the fuel rail.
Then unthread the stock fuel port fitting (schraeder valve) and take it with you to ACE or Home Depot and find the A/N fitting that has the same end. Easy. Cost you like a buck plus time and gas to go get it.
While there, get a pice of brass and another end that will allow you to T off a fuel pressure sensor before it goes into the fuel solenoid and then wire the sensor in series with the Nitrous solenoid.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Thanx for the help and the great info guys

Mark

Link Copied to Clipboard