Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1477050 01/08/06 10:34 PM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I'm really starting to get an angry quirk with my tour...

I have had it with this piss attitude with of stalling. My Tour stalls when it is in idle completely randomly.

List of already dones:
New oil 45 miles on it
Final flush on trans done 5 days ago
new EGR gasket
New IAC and gasket
New TB gasket(6 months ago)
tightened and replaces hose clamps on intake
No more lean CEL (see ^^^)
Air filter is not dirty
MAF Cleaned
ECU Reset

Story:
This morning, had car warming up for about 2 minutes turned on defroster, bam, car starts to crap out from 1100rpm and stalls.

Before checking clamps car did the same but without defroster. had to stay on gas for car to idle.

Currently no CELs.

Had battery and alternator tested, came out okay(that was in november)

I really have no clue. I guess I need to pull plugs and wires??? Engine runs fine, it just seems to stall. I don't think its the fuel pump because car runs fine it just randomly cuts out in idle.

Please

EDIT: The car also starts up perfectly fine after stalling. Figured I throw that in.

Last edited by ZeroHour; 01/08/06 10:50 PM.

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
If it happens again when you turn on the defroster, you know it is probably the defroster wiring is causing the stalling (but I doubt it). You suspected the spark plugs and wires. Check the gaps.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
The defroster draws power from the alternator which will slow down the engine. You replaced the IAC already,so check the battery voltage is 13.8-14.8 range with engine idling. If it's too low, the defroster could drop the volts and stall the engine.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
i would check the throttle postion sensor,pull the tb off of the manifold,clean the egr passages,prob lots of gunk and crud in there

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
the new tb gasket was put on when that happened. They were cleaned and were still cleaned last time I checked.

Maybe it is time to pull the manifold and clean it.

And if the manifold is off I'll do plugs and wires.

Tomorrow I'll pull the car in and check the front plugs to see how they look.

Thanks

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Tony2005:
If it happens again when you turn on the defroster, you know it is probably the defroster wiring is causing the stalling (but I doubt it). You suspected the spark plugs and wires. Check the gaps.

The a/c compressor also engages when defrost or floor/defrost is selected. Could the compressor be siezing up?

Dueling Duratecs '95 SE V6 MTX 0 Mods '04 Mazda6 S Wagon '03 Kawasaki Z1000 But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful! Friedrich Nietzsche
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
These cars have so many problems with wiring its ridiculous. Check the wiring for the blower/heater resistor under the passenger side dash to the left of the blower motor... who knows maybe it could be grounding to something?? Also check the wiring running to the ignition coils and around it. The blue/red wire running to the ground connector on the coil pack bolt can cause some wierd crap to happen and if its f'up it can cause engine idling/running issues.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
well I"m up now so I need to pull the car in and let the garage warm up. Man its freakin cold. I'll check the wiring under the dash. I really hope its no the compressor. That would piss me off. and no so much because I would lose AC its that I would lose the defroster and I really need that were I live and how I work and have to leave in the morning where the defrost is a must.

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Well I got a video of my car warming up and stalling...
On the way into the garage my trans was skipping out of first so i'm going to add more fluid into the ATX...
Oh and I pulled one plug on the passager front side, they plugs are due and I'm gonna get wires at the same time.

So much for that extra 100 bucks from christmas.

I'm uploading images will post them shortly. Then off to advanced.

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I've been fighting with the video and gave up, so I went to advanced got plugs and wires.

They installed and I reset the ECU. I figured if the plugs looked like crap, the ECU will need to relearn the idle anyway...

Here is the pic of the plug:

Isn't it lovely? lol I'll get a pic of all 6 tips now that they are out. and hopefully I will have the video up soon...

Edit: Wow that is a bad pic. didn't realize it was bad once it blew up. But You can still see it isn't a good plug.

Last edited by ZeroHour; 01/09/06 07:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard