Next Thread
Print Thread
#1475012 01/05/06 10:10 PM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I usually don't boar the boards with my stories bacause who really cares, but this is worth at least a mention. I went to the Jiffy Lube on 29 in Centreville today to have my tranny fluid changed. Yes, I can do it, but with 2 kids, I don't really have the time and it needed doing. I'll skip all of the stupid things they said and did, but the last. They were pulling the car out of the bay and did not take into account how low the car is, and how low the exhaust is. Well, you can figure it out. Everything from the cat, back got torn off. Luckily, nothing was broken, the piping from the cat back pulled out and nothing was bent either. You could tell they were stressing out because I was right there watching everything. Oh, it happened right when I was paying so I stopped writing my check as you can guess. 20 minutes and 2 coat hangers later, everything was bolted back up. The guy went to check me out and needed to get the managers code to zero out my balance. You could tell he and most of the others felt bad. Well the manager came in and said that the total was $40.30 for the tranny fluid change. I looked at him and said "are you sure". He went into his 'everything is put back, and it's not a factory exhaust". I looked at him and said "you do what you feel the right thing to do is". He didn't say a word, so I wrothe the check, pleasantly of course' and gave it to him. I looked at him with a smile and said thank you and I need the number for your corporate office. He gave it to me and I left. Now, I know I could have gotten it for free but I am a big believer in karma and that crap, plus,I write good letters to companies when I need to.

So, if you are brave, or in a hurry, then take your car to the juffy lube on 29 in Centreville. If you would like to help me send them a message as to their unprofessionalism, don't go there anymore.

Anyways, just sharing my SVT story for the day.

E0 SVT Kids, yeah, I have kids. How many do you want?
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Add another reason why I don't take my vehicles to those types of places.

Ryan Trollin!
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
"not a factory exhaust" is a very lame excuse. If that was an issue, then they should have refused to service the car in the first place. They accepted the job, they drove it into the bay and they drove it out when the damage occurred. Yes, I very much think this deserves a letter and/or phone call to corporate hq.

All that being said, I use Jiffy Lube (Leesburg) and will continue to do so, although I am disappointed by the way they treated you.

'99 Contour SVT
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by CART99:
"not a factory exhaust" is a very lame excuse. If that was an issue, then they should have refused to service the car in the first place. They accepted the job, they drove it into the bay and they drove it out when the damage occurred. Yes, I very much think this deserves a letter and/or phone call to corporate hq.

All that being said, I use Jiffy Lube (Leesburg) and will continue to do so, although I am disappointed by the way they treated you.

Letter to corporate- Done and awaiting response.

Letter to owner of that location- still working on it. No one will let me through to him even though everyone knows what happened. Even the employees who were not there.

I usually don't go to those places, but I needed to get the tranny fluid changed and was pressed for time. The actual tech under the car was nice and knew what he was doing. He didn't drive it out and was yelling for the driver to STOP the whole time.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Damn , I hate that kind of thing happening. I have heard plenty of stories from Jiffy Lube mishaps and I have taken my car there less and less over the years. Like yourself I only take my car there when i'm pressed for time but i'm starting to think that I shoudn't take it there at all. Thanks for sharing your story and good luck with your letters. I hope there's some kind of justice served.

"Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?"
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I'd rather take my car to the shop that put a hole in my '95 Contour's transmission than to a Jiffy Lube, just based on all the horror stories. At least with the other one, I know that the buck starts and stops with the manager there.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Thanks guys. I'm done with those places. Convenience has a price.

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard