Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
In the Turbo Buick (GN' and Pont. TTA's) world progressive alcohol injection is the #1 mod for big HP and lots of boost on 93 octane pump gas. On a mildly modded TTA with alcohol injection you can run up to 24 psi on the stock turbo putting the car into low 11's. This guy is KING in the TURBO Buick world...Julio Don from http://www.alkycontrol.com/ Currently his 89 TTA (3.8L 6) is running 10.550 at 132.22, 1.539 60ft, 3850 race weight w/driver on stock internals and has recently posted a 548 hp / 636 lb at 27 psi dyno run and a 584 hp at 25 PSI with a 35 shot of NOS during some recent R&D. He also designs systems for other Turbo & S/C cars as well. He is one of the Moderators on TurboBuick.com (screen name "Razor") and has posted tons of info in the Alcohol, Nitrous and Propane Tech forum http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14 . If you have any questions check him out and read up...he knows his sh!t and is known and respected by all in the Turbo Buick community. Check out his video demonstrating his PAC controller on his 89 TTA... http://www.bmcomputersource.com/pachires.wmv

This system will be on my TTA this comming Spring/Summer along with a few other goodies he has suggested to keep me looking stock but run low 11's at 120+ guaranteed

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
The reason for my question was that I have always kinda used WI on my turbocharged cars. Recently I was told that they do more harm on the Duratec motors than good because there are oil squiters to lube the cyl walls and the WI will kill the lubrication. Any comments about WI use on the duratec motors?

Eloy Smoothlinez Auto Salon
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
SnowPerformance now sells an adjustable MAF variable WI controller, that you can set the water injection to start as little as 1-volt or all the way up to 5-volts on the MAF signal. I think that is the safest bet for water injection.

Driving the Caliber Side project: The LT-5 Fiero is being born..
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
We sell the Snowperformance WI kits now. I have nothing but great things to say about their kits. I just wanted to know who has WI running on their duratec motors and if they have seen any drawbacks or damage to the engine due to lack of lubrication. I installed the snowperformance kit on a customers car and he was told that WI is good but not for the ford duratec V6. Rather than yanking the thing out, I wanted to know who was using them on the high hp contours, etc.

Eloy Smoothlinez Auto Salon
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by smoothlinez:
I was told that they do more harm on the Duratec motors than good because there are oil squiters to lube the cyl walls

Im no expert but im almost positive we dont have that. Im sure someone on here that knows more will post about it.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by dubkatz:
I was told that they do more harm on the Duratec motors than good because there are oil squiters to lube the cyl walls

Im no expert but im almost positive we dont have that. Im sure someone on here that knows more will post about it.

V6 Duratec's do not have them, at least not from the factory they don't . The 2.3l Duratec does though. Is this Svt prodigy's car I wonder, aka Brian?

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
BlackwidowSVT is also using water injection on his turbo 2.5 as well. Most of the s/c SHO guys in Denver are using W/I as well with success.

Yes I am ! I am using methenal in my WI system. Using water in Colo. will freeze in my lines from the trunk to the engine bay. (I ran my lines through the subframe conectors) I am so impressed with the way it keeps the engine from knocking and pinging. I am running 13psi with no problems, 32k miles so far. I bought the ADC WI kit out of there test mule car for there SVT turbo kit. Thanks again Keyser ! I took apart the UIM and LIM about 6 months ago. The WI kit had been on 1 year at that point. The UIM and LIM were cleaner then the outside of the motor. I was very happy. If WI wears out my engine, just gives me a reason to get a 3.0L -B.

1998 SVT With a few mod's RACECAR IS RACECAR BACKWORDS ! #970 of 2395 Black/blue *****FOR SALE*****
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Originally posted by dubkatz:

V6 Duratec's do not have them, at least not from the factory they don't . The 2.3l Duratec does though. Is this Svt prodigy's car I wonder, aka Brian?

Only the Duratecs from AER have those.

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
I did a bit of research into adding oil squirters.

Procyon stated more than once that the Mazda6 oil pump is higher volume than the stock duratec pump because of vvt.
Using that pump and designing an oil squirter system could greatly increase the durability for track racing. I was going to do it but then I realized that I don't do enough track time to justify the added complexity and costs.

If I do a motor for someone else then I would be willing to build the setup I planned to use.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Could of sworn that reading through Mitchell On Demand sometime ago, that the Mazda Millenia (sp?) used oil squirters. If memory serves, both engines were Duratecs, the 2.3L was just a de-stroked 2.5L or maybe smaller bore, I can't truely remember.

Driving the Caliber Side project: The LT-5 Fiero is being born..
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard