Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
if your staying yellow
get MSP Blazing yellow mica!

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise
E
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Talked to the PO tonight. He said that they car was already modded when he bought it. Didnt say why they totalled it for such minor structural damage, but he did say that he is still paying for it. His insurance company gave him ~$9700 for the car. I havent had a chance to really go over the car, but it seems to drive ok (only went to 20, was afraid the hood was going to fly up).

Anyway, he claims that the engine burns oil and that a couple of synchros in the trans are getting a bit old. All the better reason to locate a Duratec 5-speed, a LSD and build that 3L that I have waiting in the warehouse at work. Im going to get an oil sample of both the engine and trans and send them away too check for any unusual wear metals.

Sadly, he did say "Oh, I raced the [censored] out of that car!" At least he enjoyed it.

Originally posted by Horse:
if your staying yellow
get MSP Blazing yellow mica!

It will stay yellow. Im a bit torn on the color. Find the brightest color possible, wrap it around a sporty car and then let someone with a lead foot drive it. Thats where the Volvo comes in quite nice.

On the plus side, there is a woman coming to look at the Contour (the `98) in the afternoon. If she buys it, the Cougar is paid off.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Awsome! With what you have planned, who cares if the PO beat on 'er? Does it have coil overs on it? You'll have to show us what you have planned for it! (For some reason, I'm betting you'll show up with it already done before that happens )

If you change colors, even to another yellow....it'd be just like switching to a totally different color. (Door jams, under hood/strut towers, etc) Though, Scot's MSP was a killer yeller

Remember, I have some SVT goodies still on hand that I wasn't able to use with my car because of my setup.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Swazo:

Scot's MSP was a killer yeller

Need a reminder?

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise
E
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Ya, it does have coil overs on it and camber from hell with how low it is right now. Im going to try to keep everything fairly subtle, the Wings West kit is probably as far as I would go with it, if it does get a body kit. Im still deciding on the spoiler, its huge but it kinda fits the car.

Kore's yellow was hot, but I dont know how much I want to do a complete color swap. Wonder if I could get the effect that the MSP had, but with my lighter yellow?

Im going to send an oil sample away to be tested for both the engine and trans to see if there are any unusual/bad things in the fluids. While the car is in the air, I will look and see if I am on the stock struts or not.

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
nah, ditch that wing. If anything, the low stock wing would fit the sublte look really well.

coilovers? are they the ground controls? check out the stop rings, they are gold with "ground control" etched in 'em, and the springs are red. Those use the stock struts, but you have to cut the original spring perches. Just check out the work that was done.

It's a fun car, have fun with it! Get with Daymon and get some SVT stuff on there.

Dave, '04 E. Blue Dodge SRT-4 ...with some go fast stuff...going for 20+psi (273 whp & 311 lb-ft with a boost leak) '03 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
Wonder if I could get the effect that the MSP had, but with my lighter yellow?

If you like the yellow on it, you can always take a sample of it to get it matched perfectly. Then you can also pick up some light metallic, mica or pearl to add into the base coat (like what was done to my SVT...) and get a killer clear coat, cut-n-buff it and it will look really, really good

As long as you add the "happy medium" amount, you can get away without sraying the door jams, etc. (How do they look, can they be buffed out to look really good too?)

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
E
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by Swazo:
If you like the yellow on it, you can always take a sample of it to get it matched perfectly. Then you can also pick up some light metallic, mica or pearl to add into the base coat (like what was done to my SVT...) and get a killer clear coat, cut-n-buff it and it will look really, really good

As long as you add the "happy medium" amount, you can get away without sraying the door jams, etc. (How do they look, can they be buffed out to look really good too?)

The door jams look good as does the underhood area and under the hatch. It appears that when it was repainted, they just taped off the trim (poorly) and squirted it.

The thought has been running through my head, but I am still thinking about it. Right now it appears that it was a single stage paintjob so a good cleanup and some clear would make it shine.

Originally posted by stilov:
How much you gonna sell the 96 for? With the manual I presume? I may be looking for one in the near future.

You have a PM.

E
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
E
I am the anti-rice! The only pieces left on the car are the spoiler (which *might* stay) and the fart pipe.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Nice. I didn't like that body kit at all. May I recommend a more subtle spoiler? It'd go nicely with a 3L.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard