Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
My 2000 CSVT lasted 22k miles with boost on stock internals. Then it went boom, piston cracked in half. I'll get pictures when they get the heads off. So now I have a 3L with 9:1 CR before headwork, which will probably drop it down to about 8.5-8.75:1 CR. All i know, it's gonna let me turn up the boost with the larger turbo and extreme tunability. Tuning is where reliability comes in. Provided you don't excede the limits of the strength from the overall cylinder pressure.

Robert

2000 Ford Contour SVT-t GT28R - 287whp/314wtq @ 11 psi (very little tuning) Cardomain Page Photobucket Page *Formally XxColdAzFireXx*
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
I agree. Tuning is the most important part of this boost/piston equation! Do you think yours failed partly because it wasn't tuned to its best?
Or was it tuned well and you think it failed because it just wasn't forged. Who tuned it, what kind of FI kit did you use and what boost level? What kind of MAF and injectors?

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by warmonger:
I agree. Tuning is the most important part of this boost/piston equation! Do you think yours failed partly because it wasn't tuned to its best?
Or was it tuned well and you think it failed because it just wasn't forged. Who tuned it, what kind of FI kit did you use and what boost level? What kind of MAF and injectors?

It was tuned by ADC(I'm not a large fan of mail order tuning) and it's a ADC turbo kit. It used to be Alan's (wavrdr) car. The car was tuned for higher than pump gas. Alan used to run the car on a mix of av-gas and pump. So the timing was pretty far advanced. But the piston itself is cracked right down the middle, which we think led to catastrophic rod failure. The boost level was never taken about 8 PSI because it was on stock internals. I had been told the stocks could handle 10 PSI without an issue, but with the tune that was on the car, I was not going to push my luck. It's running a stock MAF and 24# injectors. The injectors are now being upgraded to about a 96# and the MAF is being removed in favor for a MAP sensor. I'm going for the reliability with drivability and the power to crush those who challenge me.

Robert

2000 Ford Contour SVT-t GT28R - 287whp/314wtq @ 11 psi (very little tuning) Cardomain Page Photobucket Page *Formally XxColdAzFireXx*
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by RobSVT-t:
I'm going for the reliability with drivability and the power to crush those who challenge me.

Robert

I'm missing the trans uprades for your crushing.
96# injectors. LMFAO!!!!!!

Drivetrain:
Arizona Dyno Chip turbo kit(intercooled with Turbo XS HP MBC)
DiabloSport Delta Chip
3" Custom built exhaust w/ Borla Muffler
post 00' tranny with Centerforce DF clutch/Quaife
Stage 2 DSS axles
DMD
65MM TB ported/polished
port matched UIM/LIM/head inlets with countersunk secondary screws
TurboXS Duel Stage High performance Boost Controller

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
The injectors are now being upgraded to about a 96# and the MAF is being removed in favor for a MAP sensor. I'm going for the reliability with drivability and the power to crush those who challenge me.

Robert

WTF?!? Why don't you just piss gasoline straight into the cylinders? How the hell do you plan to make 96# injectors work, and what in the world power goals do you have to require such a setup? LOL

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
The injectors are now being upgraded to about a 96# and the MAF is being removed in favor for a MAP sensor. I'm going for the reliability with drivability and the power to crush those who challenge me.

Robert

WTF?!? Why don't you just piss gasoline straight into the cylinders? How the hell do you plan to make 96# injectors work, and what in the world power goals do you have to require such a setup? LOL

Rick

Eleven Million HP.

Ryan Trollin!
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
That's "eleventy million"

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I too saw that 96# comment and laughed my ass off. WTF would you need such a monster of an injector for? I guess idling isn't even necessary? Talk about f'ed up either you got the numbers wrong in your head, or if you really do intend on using a 96# injector, well, you're retarded.

I'm also curious about the trans mods - I see none.

EDIT: I also see you comment about a MAP sensor - why/how are you gonna do this without a complete stand-alone? Dude I think you've been reading Import Tuner mag a little too much.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
I have a standalone engine management going in. So that'll take care of the control of those big puppies. I have a spec stage 3+ going in. I'm looking to make around 500 whp. I'm also upgrading the turbo and intercooler. I'm going places on this car most people wouldn't want to or dare to. I'm doing some things that have been denounced by many people on this board. But hey, if everyone conformed to the popular opinion, no one would be different. I like being different and unique.

Robert

Ps: 96# = 720cc Not that large.

BTW, I haven't updated the cardomain page.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Six of those is WAY too big. Dude it WILL NOT idle worth a crap, regardless of the engine management. Injectors that large simply can not be run at such miniscule flow rates that are required at idle. REMEMBER this is not a 4 cylinder so what the Honda clowns are doing does not directly compare.

Also a new clutch aint good enough without a LSD and rebuilt shift towner and synchros you're hosed.

I would LOVE to know what calcs you did to come up with 96lb injectors - that gets you in excess of 900hp (921hp to be more exact). Pretty damn ridiculous is you ask me. You can get close to 500whp with 42's. A 96lb/hr is a 1008cc/min injector dufus!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard