Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Stazi:
Cos it's a 98!

You can make the brackets out of stuff from Home Depot (galvanised metal strapping) in like 10 minutes.

I know it was a 98 thing, I was just going against what warmonger said.

Do these supports actually support anything? They seem pretty useless to me. I was thinking about removing mine.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
if you don't have the supports, then the entire front bumper cover flops around. If you drive at night with the fog lights on, you can see them bouncing all over the place. Adding these supports makes the front cover *almost* completely solid. Adding additional support screws towards the rear, next to the existing bolts (rear upper corner... there is already a hole/nut for them, just no bolt) makes them even more solid. Finally, replacing/reinforcing the center support shaft type thingy will make it completely solid.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Can you just crawl under and install these or does the bumper have to come off first??

I saw the detailed bumper removal instructions but wasn't sure if that meant you HAD to take the bumper cover off or not, because that guy was going to take his cover off anyway.

Brian
99 SVT

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by bxd20:
Can you just crawl under and install these or does the bumper have to come off first??

I saw the detailed bumper removal instructions but wasn't sure if that meant you HAD to take the bumper cover off or not, because that guy was going to take his cover off anyway.

Brian
99 SVT

shouldn't have to come off, at least it didn't on our 95

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by warmonger:
By the way, they are the right length. Standard contours use the same bracket, SVTs just didn't use them.

That's not true. They were decontented on the 98.5 SVT's. You can search the archives for all the proof you want as this was typically a "first mod" for many 98.5+ SVT owners. I put them on my car from info on the mailing list before I was even a CEG member. I still have the pictures from Steve Bassen (spelling?) even & the reciept is dated May 2000. I didn't make a CEG account until nearly a year after I had my car. That was back before most of the lemmings though. Now the only reason I stay here is just a handful of people.

Also I do not see how it could be the same part number as the SE which had no real front bumper extension. The support arms that fit the much lower SVT front bumper attach to the same mounting point??? Then again Ford robbing it's own parts bin is nothing new.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

That's not true. They were decontented on the 98.5 SVT's.

I have them on my early 98, always did. A friend in sd bought a 99 csvt. and didnt have them. On the freeway it looks like the front bumber is gonna fly off it flaps around so much without them.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
yeah,i def dont think they are the same,i just looked at derics,and it connects on the bottom of his bumper,just like the regular tour,but obv the svt bottom is lower..

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

They were decontented on the 98.5 SVT's. You can search the archives for all the proof you want as this was typically a "first mod" for many 98.5+ SVT owners.

One of my first mods on my 98.5 SVT. Well worth the few bucks.

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Yeah, you might be right, I had a 98 SVT too and I can't remember if it had them or not now. Been too long.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
... I was just going against what warmonger said...

hahaha, made you feel good huh?

Look at all you mofo's jumping out of the woodwork like cockroaches in a light....soon as I get one wrong. lol

j/k

Last edited by warmonger; 01/04/06 02:03 AM.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard