Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
CSVT#49 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Obviously these are not just bolt on parts there is a lot of stuff that needs to be tweaked for everything to run correctly but... can you run either a supercharger or turbo setup on a stock HO 2.5L engine? I would think you would need to lower the compression ratio before running either of these setups.

What compression ratios are you guys running? Is there a problem with running the stock SVT 10:1 with FI?

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
alright I'll help you out a little before anyone else see's this and gives you TONS of crap...(which they still prolly will)

Search this forum.

There is a supercharger and a turbo kit for the SVT (2.5L).
There are many problems with the supercharger and it doesn't produce enough power to make it worth while....the turbo on the other hand is praised. Check it out at arizonadynochip.com Just be prepared to have about 6K for the kit. A couple others here have made their own turbo kits...I don't recall who at this moment.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
C
CSVT#49 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Man you really don't like to read before you post do you?

I asked about compression ratio's for people running superchagers and turbos. No where in my post did I ask do they make them, which one is better, how much they cost, or where to get them. Your attempt to help me ended with you providing uselss information and a poor attempt to start flaming me.

Oh and FYI I did search. I didn't find enough information to fully answer my question, hence the post.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by CSVT#49:

I asked about compression ratio's for people running superchagers and turbos. No where in my post did I ask do they make them, which one is better, how much they cost, or where to get them. Your attempt to help me ended with you providing uselss information and a poor attempt to start flaming me.

Oh and FYI I did search. I didn't find enough information to fully answer my question, hence the post.

Asshat...he had the nicest answer possible...plus you should search harder. Many people run boost on the 10:1 C/R...you deserve to be flammed...Warmonger has a website in his sig try checking that out...

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Asshat...he had the nicest answer possible...plus you should search harder.

I 2nd that!

He must have searched for all of 2 seconds.

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R

I could say the same about you.. there are pinned FAQ's and stickies, and GOBS of archived data on the turbo/Super setups.. what is required.. etc, etc, etc.

Quote:

Your attempt to help me ended with you providing uselss information and a poor attempt to start flaming me.

Your attempt to sound matter-of-fact, and better than thou just ended up sounding belittling, and rude... oh.. wait.. and it DID sound "better than thou"-ish...

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
can you run either a supercharger or turbo setup on a stock HO 2.5L engine? I would think you would need to lower the compression ratio before running either of these setups

you didnt ask if they could be used? then what is that. Not once did I flame you. Get that stick out of your ass and relax. I tried to help answer your question. And the one above...if they make the kits, then the engine can obviously handle them.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
C
CSVT#49 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
Asshat...he had the nicest answer possible

Nicest answer possible? My ass. He came off sounding like a jackass with his "and gives you TONS of crap" comment. Not only that but he didn't answer any question that I posed.

Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
Warmonger has a website in his sig try checking that out...

I know I've read through it, but I wanted to know how many people out there where running 10:1 and if they had any problems with it. That seems to be an awful high compression ratio to have FI with.

Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:
He must have searched for all of 2 seconds.

Try searching for compression, compression ratio and see what you find.

Originally posted by Ray:
I could say the same about you.. there are pinned FAQ's and stickies, and GOBS of archived data on the turbo/Super setups.. what is required.. etc, etc, etc.

I've read the FAQ's, I'm aware of the stickies and have read them as well as the archives. I didn't ask about turbo/sc setups or what was required... all I asked was what compression ratio's people are running!

I never knew such a simple question would result with all this. Thanks for nothing guys.

C
CSVT#49 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
if they make the kits, then the engine can obviously handle them

They make kits for a lot of things. Doesn't mean you can just bolt them on and have a field day. Sorry if the post miss led you. Thanks for trying to help.

I think I should have posted one sentence with this whole thing:

What compression ratio do you run with your FI setup?

Sorry for all of the confusion.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Here we go again!!!

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard