Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Good luck where ever you take it.

Hopefully a dealer will have the experience to look at all the typical trouble spots.

thumbs up

95 Contour, 2.0L, stick, 178K mi.
G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
did u search for "flicker", "dimming",

this has been covered many times.

Look Half way down the thread. let me know if you have any questions

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=1043318&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

~Crystian 2000 Se Sport 2001 Lightning "Sorry...your mom cant come with us"
F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
Before I bug Rob at Visteon, anyone have the TSB number?

I'm got to get up to speed on this one, I guess this has to do with undersizing wire gauge for the B+ circuit? Got to spin-up the CD manual is this circuit the color on both ends?

TNX
Paul

Paul 98 Mystique LS 2ea (07/97)(08/98)
G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
well the original link no longer works, so no dice on the TSB, either way it was for the cougars, but the connector has 3 wires coming out of it, so just follow the red one. I hope your schematics are better than mine.

~Crystian 2000 Se Sport 2001 Lightning "Sorry...your mom cant come with us"
F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
Ok this is what I see on the Ford electrical diagram, fuse F-5 (15 amp) in the BJB on the bottom side front of the BJB is a connector is OG wire. (orange is assume) Now Look at the connector with bolt in the center laying horizontal between the factory air box and the strut tower it changes from orange to red in this connector known to Ford as C3001. The next stop is the alternator connector it providing reference voltage to the regulator. So there is the fuse connector, the connector under the BJB and the C3001 connector that need to be exercised if you don't want to do the mod.
I'm going to do a test when it warms up to set up a test with SPDP to see if that really helps?
IF I was doing the mod I wouldn't be a bad idea to fuse bypass mod lead. Prevent a hot melt down.
I'm guessing that's the only reason the wire so long is the location of the fuse box and the alternator.
This is the wiring up to 03/98 build date, after that there's a wire from the stator over to the regulator with a short G/Y lead outside on the connector. This connection on the regulator is not used on the before 03/98's.

so much for the un-informative diagrams.
Paul

Say " horsedug" you still out there in retirement land?

Paul 98 Mystique LS 2ea (07/97)(08/98)
B
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
thanks for all your guys help do to your guys information i have seem to have fixed the problem

The problem was a wire i had forgotten to fix durning the rewiring it was also a recall on the 96-97 Contours back in 98 but i had over 100K and they said i couldn't because of mileage

THANKS TO ALL,
Jonathan Smith: bscontour: Zetec Racer (car's nick name)

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Which wire was that?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard