Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
if i could do it again,i would've kept my weapon r headers instead of selling them for the msds..

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by tour96se:
if i could do it again,i would've kept my weapon r headers instead of selling them for the msds..

shipping companies made lots of money on those WR headers!! From the cougar guy I got them from, to me, to you, to somebody else... Anybody have them on their car now?

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by tour96se:

...want to back up your comment with a reason why?

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Sorry, but Marty at MSDS has put in the time, money and effort to produce one of two kinds of headers for our platform. I would pay the extra $ and support him - not some [censored] who copied his hard work.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
...yeah sure,the build quality seemed to be very similar,as far as the welding went..but the wr's being ss are better suited for the climate i live in. thats all.

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by 2b no SVT Pete:
Sorry, but Marty at MSDS has put in the time, money and effort to produce one of two kinds of headers for our platform. I would pay the extra $ and support him - not some [censored] who copied his hard work.

Weapon R are cheap knock-off's and Id support a small buisness anyday over a large company.

Anyone who think SS headers are better than non-SS is a little cause most get JetCoated Headers (should protect it well enough)

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

#1469287 12/29/05 05:06 AM
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
nice price. i think i paid $400 for mine. got them from custom cougars and they arrived in about two days! i hooked them to my 3L and i couldnt be happier! the egr mod wasnt too big of a deal and other than that the fitment was perfect . i posted pics of what i did in the 3L forum. i wish i would have known about the cougar tube, but maybe that wouldnt work on a 3L anyways.

sure, buy msds if youve got an extra $450 to spare im assuming msds didnt copyright their design... sucks but that's how it usually works in business...

anywho, i found a MAJOR issue with getting my WRs to fit my 99 was the 2/3 bolt flange issue. my car has a 2 bolt flange and WR is only available in 3 bolt. you have 2 options to make it work:

1) get a 3 bolt cat (buy/swap with someone)
2) have a shop weld on a new flange

with option 1 you WILL have to add the flex pipe that 3 bolt flange cars have stock. i bought one from Bill J. for about $100. i then bought a high-flow 3 bolt cat from Tru Bendz for about $120. everything bolted up just fine, i save a ton of money (over MSDS) and it kicks arse now!

ps the csvts were switched over from 2 bolt to 3 bolt at some specific date in 1999. (someone here will probably know, i forgot). to look for yourself, just lay under the car and at the FRONT of the cat there will be either a triangular flange with three bolts or an eliptical flange with just two bolts. dont look at the back end of the cat for reference cuz ALL of them are two bolt at the rear.

hth all considering these

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Since when have MSDS been $800? Great math.

Secondly, it's not about "business", it's about ethics and having some morale value in supporting someone who has supported us for years. For a dead platform with limited aftermarket parts, loyalty goes a long way. That's just MHO.

I've said my piece and I'm outa here!

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I bought from Marty

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by 2b no SVT Pete:
Since when have MSDS been $800? Great math.

Secondly, it's not about "business", it's about ethics and having some morale value in supporting someone who has supported us for years. For a dead platform with limited aftermarket parts, loyalty goes a long way. That's just MHO.

I've said my piece and I'm outa here!

I agree with you, I guess its best if I save up more for MSDS

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard