Print Thread
#1468175 12/27/05 03:13 PM
B
Bailey Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Hey i was just watching tv and saw all the madness going on in malls, just wondering if any of you get into the boxing day hype and spend a few hours waiting outside and then once your inside "fight" with other people for something on "sale"

Just asking, i know that i've never went and never will go , i think i would lose it pretty fast with the stores packed like that , pushing , shoving , somebody would get decked really fast

- Eric previous: '98 contour sport zetec mtx light prairie tan
#1468176 12/27/05 05:03 PM
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
man are u crazy...i chose to stay in..any sane person doesnt go to any store on boxing day...ha ha

Wesley

1999 SVT black And a Blond Haired Blue eyes girlfriend. How can it get any better?
#1468177 12/27/05 05:44 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I stayed in until about mid-day watching Arsenal stuff Charlton Athletic 1-0 (wasn't great but at least we won).

Then I hit a couple of stores ... CT, WalMart, Zellers and similar which were pretty quiet!

1998.5 T-Red on Midnight Blue SVT Build Number 5320 of 6535
#1468178 12/27/05 06:24 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Nope I was working and the restaurant was busy.

Thankyfully I learn't my lesson many years ago and will never ever go to a boxing day sale on boxing day.

Stupid Teens & the Holiday spirit is lost for most people again.
Shooting on Yonge St.
(revealed that the girl who died was 15 years old) the shooting started after a confrontation
two groups of young men-a total of 10 to 15 people - on the sidewalk outside the Foot Locker in Yonge St.
He said all seven victims were hit by stray bullets when the two groups,
all said to be in their late teens and early 20s, opened fire.

This is getting really bad now! Almost makes me want to get out of Toronto & go back West.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
#1468179 12/27/05 08:50 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Found out that the Samsung camcorder I bought my son, does not have a USB connection. Turns out that despite what it shows on the outside of the box, it was the next model up that has the USB.

Needless to say, I wanted to get another camcorder, so I took a chance and went to the mad house, aka Future Shop. Since only Best Buy carried the next model up, I decided to get a higher version Samsung and got one in the a model range up, for only $60.00 more than I paid for the first one, $10.00 more for the extended warranty. Original list price for the new camcorder was $120.00 more than the old, Future Shop split the difference, gave me the last one they had from their in store stock.

I never usually venture out on Boxing Day, so this was a new experience. I remained calm, while others were frantic trying to get the last items on the shelf. I even managed to find a parking spot not too far from the door. All and all, I lucked out, things went well, but I tell you, I probably won't try to do that again. (Shop on Boxing Day).

#1468180 12/27/05 10:19 PM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I avoided shopping as much as I could around the whole christmas rush. Not that I had much to get anyways,I went cheap and mostly just got everyone cash or a bunch of packs of scratch lottery tickets. I can't stand crowds and busy places. I get so frustrated and pissed off at stupid people. I just want to get in,get my stuff,and get the f*** out of there as soon as possible. I didn't dare go out on boxing day.

And yeah,that tragic shooting downtown is just rediculous. Over 50 gun murders in the city this year. We're getting as bad as the Bronx or Los Angeles. Horrible. We can make all the guns laws and stuff we want to stop them,but the bad guys are always going to keep smuggling and stealing guns.

I send my condolences to the victims and family and friends of the shootings. It's just outrageous. Toronto is turning into the crime capital of Canada. Disgusting.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction
#1468181 12/28/05 05:25 AM
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
The door crasher laptops from Future Shop sounded good until I started diving into what their specs were. Under $1K sounded good...until I realized it will only be bare minimum of what I need. So, I've relegated myself to holding off and saving more money (like that will happen).

It seems the old Boxing Day sales aren't there anymore.

BTW, anyone care to find me a bulletproof vest for when I go back to work in the Big Smoke next Tuesday?

Richard | Focused 24-7 2002 Focus ZTS...+275,000km and beyond! Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | SVTOA Redline Rendezvous
#1468182 12/28/05 04:21 PM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
It wasn't too bad when I went out...got to Heartland about 10...found a nice parking spot as soon as I got there....I knew costco was gonna be opening late so I parked in that lot...walked around, got a few things, then decided to go to roots...place was packed so I decided to drive to Cambridge and it was great there...no line ups....no waiting outside...very light compared to the GTA...all in all, not a bad day....

1999 Contour SE 2.5 Duratec Stock, can't wait to do some mods!
#1468183 12/30/05 02:49 AM
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I went once a few years ago after being convinced by a friend. It was at Square One in Mississauga but we had to park at a nearby building instead. It took mighty long to get into the parking lot, then get out. What we discovered was that the clothing stores had sales but the items that were being sold were sale/clearance items anyways and not the good new stuff. This seemed similar in every store. So the clothing that my friend was hoping for was nowhere in sight even though there was lots before Christmas and magically came back the day after the sales! Stores like Future Shop seem to have some good stuff on sale but in limited quantities but other stuff can be found in computer/specialty stores for much less everyday than even their boxing day prices.

95 Contour GL 2.5L ATX Minor mods
#1468184 12/30/05 06:54 PM
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Wow, I hadn't heard about this until I saw this thread... I REALLY hate seeing where this city is going, being a born and raised Torontonian it pains me to think this city is destined to become like every other North American metropolis...

As for the people that commited this crime and any gun related crime in general, I think we should waive the young offenders act for crimes commited with a gun. And thus throw the book at them for sh*t like this. A 15 year old girl killed and 7odd other people injured all to be thought as innocent by standers... F'ed up.

And no I don't get sucked into the whole boxing day hype, I'm not a mindless consumer.

Edit:
Charges laid

Last edited by gooserex; 12/30/05 06:56 PM.

-------------------- 1999 Black/Tan CSVT #2658 of 2760 201,000+km - K&N, Magnecor race wires, Optima red top, BAT Euro Kit, KVR CF pads, PIAA Plasma Ion bulbs. 1989 Yamaha FZR600 - 40,000+km - K&N Pods, Stage 3 Jets, V&H 4-1 exhaust

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard