Next Thread
Print Thread
D
DanG Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Got back from Excessive earlier this afternoon. Haven't scanned the graphs yet.

Linky

Pinging a serious issue, will not take up more boost until the tip-in tables are where they should be, and the WOT tables are a bit better. Not a bad start.

Dan G. and his Cougar Forged internal (Diamond & Pauter) full 3L, "Monster" Kinger F/I cut & P&P, T3/4 60 trim .82A/R ADC turbo, SPEC Stage 3, Torsen, Greddy Profec-B SPEC II, Apex'i Timer, Lots of Gauges! Used to have: 3.0L SVT hybrid
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Wow it's double coupon day! First Swazo now you. All the pinging sounds a little hair raising though. Can't wait to see more.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by todras:
Wow it's double coupon day! First Swazo now you. All the pinging sounds a little hair raising though. Can't wait to see more.

Thank God for Pauter rods & Diamond Pistons

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Too much timing advance I - too bad you don't have a PRP to adjust it yourself. Did you write down the problem "zones" on a piece of paper to have ADC pull some timing from there?

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
D
DanG Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Got all the info I could from my sh*tpile autotap (including ignition advance) and shipped it with the high-rez scans of the plots to ADC. We shall see...

Dan G. and his Cougar Forged internal (Diamond & Pauter) full 3L, "Monster" Kinger F/I cut & P&P, T3/4 60 trim .82A/R ADC turbo, SPEC Stage 3, Torsen, Greddy Profec-B SPEC II, Apex'i Timer, Lots of Gauges! Used to have: 3.0L SVT hybrid
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Well I read it and posted my scan for comparison in your thread. Your setup is going to way outperform my former basic low $ setup. So if you remember when I said I'd laugh if you didn't?? Well, I'm not laughing! I'm congratulating!

I imagine when you get the timing under control and do more tip-in spark retard then you will probably loose a tad bit of low end power but trade it for safety.
Remember, you can run more timing in the higher rpm but in the lower midrange, you will blow your motor for certain if you don't get the pinging under control!!

I had the same problem with mine. The rpm range from 3000-4500 rpm was the trickiest portion to tune!
I had to retard timing two degrees through the midrange, but I could leave it alone or even advance it from around 5000 rpm and higher. Also I increased the tip in retard just a bit to get it to go away.

Last, remember that the position of the MAF in the airflow is key to the tip-in problem. The further away it is the slower the engine will react to add fuel during tip-in throttle because the air is already moving and being compressed. So you have a lot of air that has been counted and had fuel added for it, but the fuel was added for an expected cruise condition, not WOT under boost. You just have to work around it.

I sat here playing with my tune for many days and there is no substitute for that kind of time or attention to detail. So hopefully you'll get ADC to get close because I don't think you'll want to pay for that kind of attention to detail...big Dollars!!

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black

Link Copied to Clipboard