Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
chongo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I got new winter tires today as my all seasons were garbage during last weeks storm
and had really bad sidewall cracks due to age.
So I figure it's got to snow soon and what's the forecast. Above freezing and rain.....

Come on mother nature help Rich and I try our new tyres......
NOKIAN HAKKAPELITTA RSi

Rich this is what I found out.
I asked the guys this morning at MTC tire and the answer is they'll be the sole distributor of Nokian.
So whom ever wants to sell them at there shop will get there supply from MTC Tire.
This makes sense now as before it sounded like they were gonna be the only ones selling them.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
I really don't know what's going on with Nokian. The main contact still shows up as Quebec...meh. At least we got our RSi's.

The freezing drizzle will get you hyped. I've found slicker weather tends to make the tires emit a higher pitched whine. Oh, and you can hear the rubber really grip.

I'm ready...I've had fun on my street with the slushy snow WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Richard | Focused 24-7 2002 Focus ZTS...+275,000km and beyond! Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | SVTOA Redline Rendezvous
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
running a 40kg bag of salt in the back seat and cheap ass snow mark winter tires and the car is a tank

98 contour gl, v6 auto 01 explorer sport v6 auto 2001gtp AT gmail DOT com
C
chongo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by GapBoyPCS:
I really don't know what's going on with Nokian. The main contact still shows up as Quebec...meh. At least we got our RSi's.

The freezing drizzle will get you hyped. I've found slicker weather tends to make the tires emit a higher pitched whine. Oh, and you can hear the rubber really grip.

I'm ready...I've had fun on my street with the slushy snow WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

As of Jan 1, 2006 it probably wont. That's when it supposedly takes effect.

I was at my buddies shop and there parking area is covered in ice & snow.
What a blast the car barely made a skid.
I cranked the wheel hard, stepped on the gas and then started sawing the wheels..........
I can't wait to try it a speed for a proper test. I haven't heard anything when taking a corner.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
holy crap, you just got winter tires now? wtf, ive had mine on for about a month, i couldnt imagine driving without em with all the snow weve gotten in the last month.

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
C
chongo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by loggerbomb:
holy crap, you just got winter tires now? wtf, ive had mine on for about a month, i couldnt imagine driving without em with all the snow weve gotten in the last month.

I have 2 sets of rims/tires. I changed out to my winter set with all seasons on them in Nov.
Those all season were good for the last 5 years in the snow and I never had any problems until last week.
During the snowfall last week I noticed the car wasn't handling the snow too well anymore like it use too.
Old tires with major cracked sidewalls and losing air pressure made the choice for new rubber easy.

So no I wasn't running summer tires til now, it's just that the ones I used for winter had had enough!

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Just make sure you pull them off when it gets to spring.

I really should have put them on in November because of our unusually mild late fall. Still, I managed to wear down about 1/32nd of tread in the month of highway driving.

I'm thinking far ahead into spring to see when I should pull them off. I want to waste my Proxes4 and get my new tires on asap.
*sigh*...summer

Richard | Focused 24-7 2002 Focus ZTS...+275,000km and beyond! Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | SVTOA Redline Rendezvous
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Hakkapelitta =

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km
C
chongo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:
Hakkapelitta =

and cheaper than Bridgestone Blizzaks!!!

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
my ex's mom has Hakkepellitas on her Civic and she says they're crap,but she drives a Honda,what does she know?

My Dayton Winterforce's are great in the snow,crap on ice,and bad on pavement. Overall,not pleased with them.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard