Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
R
RawBurt Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
As the contour after market dwindles, performance part supplies goes down and the demand goes up. I am able to build rear strut braces similar to the ones made by HPP. These would obviously be cheaper (in price) then what they used to sell for and will be guaranteed. I know, there has been recent ideas for production on these. But is anyone insterested as of now. I could get this done very quickly. Basically what I am looking for is a minimum of 10 people.

Anyone...

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I have a HPP rear strut town bar and it is worth it. I put it on and I could tell the car was turning in better. You don't need anything to mount it with either, just tighten it up where you want it and it good to go

I did have an older image that was better but it isn't online at the moment (the eibach sticker is upside down because at the time I didn't have eibachs and someone saw that there and asked me if it was made my Eibach)

and as you can see it is up out of the way

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Hmmm... Bradness makes 'em - used to make 'em for BAT and SP (CTA?)

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
If it is the kind that just tightens in place (as Brapple said), I'm interested.

1999 Contour SVT #1966/2760, Silver Frost/Midnight Blue Koni Kit, Mille Miglia MM-S rims, B&M shifter, Stazi mesh, SFCs, optimized Y-pipe & TB, SS break lines, K&N drop-in, Infinity Kappa speakers, MTX amp/sub
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by phd2be:
If it is the kind that just tightens in place (as Brapple said), I'm interested.

I would think that any type would just tighten in place as the idea is to put pressure on the strut towers

although I guess one similar to the omp but for the rear could be made and that would need to be bolted in

also the HPP one could be mounted but doesn't need to be

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I need one, at some point, and you're right about suppliers dwindling. I had entertained a notion of building one myself, but depending on price and product, yes I could be interested.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
R
RawBurt Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
The product will be very easy to install and require no drilling or welding and for the most part being just as effective. Like I said the price will be cheaper then, what they were sold for. I am going to be making an aluminum and steel prototype.

1. phd2be (interested)
2. RogerB (interested)

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
interested as well, depending on final product/price. Keep us posted on the progress!

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
R
RawBurt Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
It'll be basically identical to the one posted by brapple...

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I really like the idea of not having to bolt it in, just tighten it.

1. phd2be (interested)
2. RogerB (interested)
3. rkneeshaw3.0 (interested)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard