Next Thread
Print Thread
#1465281 12/20/05 10:50 AM
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Hey guys, I'm Bobby and I just got signed up over here. I'm a regular over on NECO and am about to become one of the two co-moderators of Arizona NECO. We actually made a decision a while back to be open to Contour and Mystique owners from AZ as well, most of the reason I'm signing up over here on CEG. I'm pretty sure both groups aren't that large individually, so we figured if we could team up with Contique people from Arizona as well it would probably benefit both groups.

My car is a 1999 Mercury Cougar V6 MTX. Its currently down at the moment being repaired from an accident I had back in September. I rear ended a Pathfinder, then got screwed by American Family with them not putting the right car on the policy, then cancelling it when I didn't pay for the car I didn't have anymore, blah blah blah. In hindsight most of it is my fault and I'm paying for it the hard way. I've learned a lot from it and am hoping those problems are in the past.

While its down I've been working on modding it cosmetic wise. I've got a set of fiberglass Z3 fenders here in my living room, new headlights coming today, and a Kaminari style hood coming in the next couple weeks. I'm hoping to have it fixed by the end of January and back on the road (fully legal).

Don't wanna go off on too much of a tangent here so I'll end it. Hopefully not having a Contour isn't gonna be a problem, but I'm hoping Arizona NECO and any Arizona CEG'ers can get teamed up and we can both benefit each other.

Our new website at www.azneco.org is still under construction (that I'm in charge of), hopefully up in the next month or so. Thanks guys, hopefully things will go well over here!

Here's a pic of my Cougar before any of the damage/mods.
[image][/image]

Last edited by azbobbybooshay10; 12/20/05 11:04 AM.

Arizona NECO Member, Website Admin Welcoming both Cougar and Contour owners from Arizona! 1999 Mercury Cougar V6 MTX Injen short-ram, Z3 fenders, Kaminari style hood 15.577 @ 86.978mph
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Awww man its a shame my car is down for the count...car meets are pretty fun. I hope you guys get some members...although there isn't much with the Contour going on in AZ anymore.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Yeah... I went to a Pavilions meet 1 time, but never found any other Contours. I'd be up for a meet sometime.... just as long as it's not within the next few weeks.

Installing headers, y-pipe, and cat pipe now (headers are taking a while), then I'll hopefully be sending my LIM off to the machine shop to open up the secondaries a couple more mm's (with larger butterflies). I also need to align my front subframe (after the trans work), but Rotunda won't be sending me the tool until Jan 23rd.

You should try to get some of the Cougar guys to come to the autocrosses (http://www.azsolo2.com). I had a Cougar before this Contour, and started autocrossing the Cougar Feb of 2000. I've never seen another Cougar/Contour/Mystique there since then . My goal is to have my car fixed up and ready to go before the next autocross event (Feb 11th).

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Yeah at some point I'd love to get into AutoX. Definitaly looks like a lot of fun.

Any meet won't be for another few weeks at least, I've still gotta get my car fixed and back on the road. Sometime around the end of january or in February is what I'm looking at.

I'll defintialy pass word along to the other guys about the AutoX. One of our guys is a CSVT guy as well, goes by the screenname Bigoudi over on NECO. His name is Greg and he's down in the Old Pueblo.

Thanks for the welcome, hopefully we can get some stuff together down here and actually get more than 2 cars in one place at the same time, lol.

BTW, you guys have some cool smileys over here, lol.

Arizona NECO Member, Website Admin Welcoming both Cougar and Contour owners from Arizona! 1999 Mercury Cougar V6 MTX Injen short-ram, Z3 fenders, Kaminari style hood 15.577 @ 86.978mph

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard