Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I have copies of many binaries, stock & SVT. I know exactly what the main changes are between the two codes. (there are minor changes between nearly any different code)

Of course the PCM MAF function is different because the SVT MAF is calibrated differently. That's part of the reason why you should not blindly swap MAFs.
Yes Obviously the injector sizing is different.

You CAN NOT cut and paste between most older OBDII codes. Definitely not between a new code and an old code.

The main differences are:
A slightly bumped base timing table
IMRC point lower
Injector sizing
MAF function to match MAF
Rev limiters 1-3 raised 200-250rpm (that's not all the limiters either)

Those sum up the main changes and half of them are just housing keeping for part changes. (i.e. "well duh" changes)

It has some minor changes because of drivability. (IAC, idle air, decel, etc) Again mainly house keeping for different parts.

Remember this post pertained to performance gains from switching to the SVT code. There are only a few changes that have to do with performance gains.
The only main one is the timing tables. You will get some torque gain from increased timing as long as you do not incur detonation. The gains will be large enough to see on a dyno but only if you run premium and reset the PCM. You will want at least 3 driving cycles on any change before you datalog it. Otherwise you will not be getting a true representation of what the PCM will be like.
However None of the "house keeping" or drivability changes have ANYTHING to do with performance at WOT. Well unless of course you don't do the corresponding hard part change. Then you could erratically alter performance for better or for worse.

Also on the premium fuel part. If the tester had premium in for the stock PCM he would have lost power. If he did not have premium in he would have incurred detonation which obviously was not present on that dyno run in question. You can't compare changes like that. Yet another anomaly in their piss poor logic.

The simple answer is his dyno tests are bogus numbers to use. It's plain as day to see. Hell even at that his SAE numbers (about 150-152HP /146-148TQ SAE rating) are lower then many stock Duratecs I've seen dyno and that have posted online. Those are not gains but maintenance fixes to get back the power he always should have had. It's ignorant to state that smooth run at under stock power level was a gain verses the run that has readily apparrent problems with it. (hell just look at the curves & compare to others )
Plus I've still never seen A/F numbers from that "low ball" run. 'nuff said.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
I have copies of many binaries, stock & SVT. I know exactly what the main changes are between the two codes. (there are minor changes between nearly any different code)

Of course the PCM MAF function is different because the SVT MAF is calibrated differently. That's part of the reason why you should not blindly swap MAFs.
Yes Obviously the injector sizing is different.

You CAN NOT cut and paste between most older OBDII codes. Definitely not between a new code and an old code.

The main differences are:
A slightly bumped base timing table
IMRC point lower
Injector sizing
MAF function to match MAF
Rev limiters 1-3 raised 200-250rpm (that's not all the limiters either)

Those sum up the main changes and half of them are just housing keeping for part changes. (i.e. "well duh" changes)

It has some minor changes because of drivability. (IAC, idle air, decel, etc) Again mainly house keeping for different parts.

Remember this post pertained to performance gains from switching to the SVT code. There are only a few changes that have to do with performance gains.
The only main one is the timing tables. You will get some torque gain from increased timing as long as you do not incur detonation. The gains will be large enough to see on a dyno but only if you run premium and reset the PCM. You will want at least 3 driving cycles on any change before you datalog it. Otherwise you will not be getting a true representation of what the PCM will be like.
However None of the "house keeping" or drivability changes have ANYTHING to do with performance at WOT. Well unless of course you don't do the corresponding hard part change. Then you could erratically alter performance for better or for worse.

Also on the premium fuel part. If the tester had premium in for the stock PCM he would have lost power. If he did not have premium in he would have incurred detonation which obviously was not present on that dyno run in question. You can't compare changes like that. Yet another anomaly in their piss poor logic.

The simple answer is his dyno tests are bogus numbers to use. It's plain as day to see. Hell even at that his SAE numbers (about 150-152HP /146-148TQ SAE rating) are lower then many stock Duratecs I've seen dyno and that have posted online. Those are not gains but maintenance fixes to get back the power he always should have had. It's ignorant to state that smooth run at under stock power level was a gain verses the run that has readily apparrent problems with it. (hell just look at the curves & compare to others )
Plus I've still never seen A/F numbers from that "low ball" run. 'nuff said.

...i agree then..

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Don't agree just because "I said so." Agree because you did your home work about the topic and found out the same information I posted.

For instance I was wrong about the PATS part of my first post because I did not "do my homework" and see what year he was talking about. I "assumed" it was a newer SVT PCM because they are the most prevalent. That was ignorant on my part.

Thanks for agreeing though.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Well he did say that the intakes had never been cleaned and that it had 120,000 miles on it.

Justin 1999 Ford SVT Contour (T-Red) Cardomain site
W
W
Someone who will remain nameless sent me a quote from DemonSVT telling people on CEG about how an SVT PCM can't be installed and it simply can't be done. Guess what DemonSVT? Want to look like a total ass like you sound? I'll explain myself so everyone can clearly understand exactly how this works.

In late 1997 Ford started using PATS (Passive Anti Theft System) in the Contour/Mystiques with the Duratec 2.5L. The early version system (1997-2/98) uses a separate PATS module and does not contain any type of specific PATS coding internally in the PCM. And for the blubbering idiot, you can replace a PCM without reprogramming the PATS because the PATS module isn't in the PCM like the 2/98-on PCM's. I thought God's didn't talk out the side of their asses... Ohh I forgot this is CEG were talking about.. nm - explains itself.

For those that have 2/98-on built vehicles, you will need to have a NGS (Not a MDS or Midas whatever the hell Demon is talking about) damn... If you really worked on these cars and paid attention you would know this stuff. Replacing the PCM will require reprogramming the PATS to allow the current keys to start the engine. This can be accomplished by a Ford Dealer or someone like me who owns an NGS with Green Program Card. If someone would like to try an SE to SVT swap PCM on a 2/98-on, let me know. I will let you know what PCM's are compatible (More than likely SFG1 code as they were the most popular) and program the PATS free of charge to show some losers that it can be done. (Keep in mind you will need to bring the whole vehicle and PCM to me to have it done - I can't do this on a ship to basis).

If you keep thinking inside the box, you will live a sheltered life. As for DemonSVT, come on down pal - We'll go to the dyno together and I'll show you in real life exactly how it's done. Why do you think I included the video for? It shows you on the computer screen exactly the difference in the runs. Why do you think it was time stamped? So you couldn't say it was different days. I guess if "god" can't explain why it works.. It must not work (in his world).

And my last thought... 1997 Contour's without PATS.

I guess it could be done, but those with that model have to realize the intrument panel wiring harness and the engine harness are different to support PATS. This means you will have to change ALOT to make it work. If someone close to NE Ohio is willing to see if it can be done and how, I will be glad to offer my assistance free. The car will need to be left in my possession so I can determine what is needed and the best way to go about it. Once it is done, I will share it so everyone else can do it. Sound fair? Email me at BuckeyeSVT{at}gmail.com with interests.

Hey Demon, who's ignorant now? Maybe you should investigate first before writing people's work off.... As Carlos Mencia would say... You are clearly "Dee Dee Dee".

- Dom

Demon i have been in the car with the old pcm and new pcm. it works perfect no flaws no nothing. i know he did the direct swap and i even steped on the pcm on the floor when he gave me a ride. Nothing is boggus about it. I had to ride in it to believe it myself to believe it. So if you are so sure why dont you take his bet put your money were your mouth is if you are so positive you are right? Believe me its no joke and the videos are there to prove and i know its bad because he smoked my a$$ on the high way with it last night. [image]http://www.fordcontour.org/blog/projectgreen/index.php?[/image]

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
The funny thing is, in trying to make Greg look like an ass.. you succeeded in making yourself look like one.

Attitude determines 99% of the reaction you will get from any listener, regardless of knowledge, information, or tactics.

You, sir, just fell in to the 1% list.

I wish CEG had an "I don't want to be subjected to his attitude" ignore button on here.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

W
W
ok i pulled that off of fco i did not write it. so i dont care if you guys dont care for it. it is the dead honest truth and he has everything to back it up. i mean i have seen everything and have read most of it. not tryin to down anyone jsut saying that everything seems to equal out. on his side and has all the proof.

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by tour96se:
would you really gain 20hp at the wheels just from this swap?
fco buckeye's dyno

Anyone want to explain what the heck is going on? Give some history to these dynos and how DemonSVT's name has been used like new york hooker?
Who said what and what the hell are the dyno's trying to prove. I've been reading and all I really see is trash talking with a few bits of tech in there.
What the hell was done and what was proven??

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by tour96se:
would you really gain 20hp at the wheels just from this swap?
fco buckeye's dyno

Anyone want to explain what the heck is going on? Give some history to these dynos and how DemonSVT's name has been used like new york hooker?
Who said what and what the hell are the dyno's trying to prove. I've been reading and all I really see is trash talking with a few bits of tech in there.
What the hell was done and what was proven??

...over on fco buckeye svt took a svt pcm and put it in a stock mtx v6se..watch the dyno videos ....did three runs with stock pcm,and three with the svt pcm...no other mods at all,gained 20hp and 9?tq at the wheels...

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
W
W
this all about Demon not believing that putting an SVT PCM in a contour se sport 5spd would actually give it a horsepower gain. without having to reprogram and modify some stuff.

Last edited by wantsansvt; 12/21/05 01:36 AM.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard