Print Thread
#1464764 12/19/05 07:25 PM
D
DDV Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
My sister and her SO visited for the weekend and I took them to Deception Pass yesterday. Spotted a black, spoiler-free SVT just south of the Pass. It pulled out in front of me, but we turned off just after that to park and walk around the pass.

Was that you, Bugzuki?

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
That was likely me...can't be sure though

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
D
DDV Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Does your SVT have tinted windows?

I couldn't tell the vintage of the car, since it was moving and I didn't get a good look at the wheels.

The car pulled out from a gas station, or some little store, just south of Deception Pass and headed north. I was tempted to follow for a ways, but we were running a little late as it was.

If that was you, how's the car running?

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Even my windshield is tinted.

The car runs well. I just replaced the air and fuel filters, which helped considerably. It's time to change the plugs again, so that's coming soon. She should be 100% then. I'm currently over 131,000 miles.

I still have no 2nd gear synchro, which is a bit of a pain in the ass. 1st to 3rd sucks! I hope to have it fixed this summer in time for all the meets I hope we have. I have even fantasized about Spring Zing, though I doubt anyone would go with me. It's a fairly long drive.

There is also a possibility of my father and I painting the entire car this summer. The paint really suffered in the last six months, and it wasn't that good to begin with. A tree branch fell on top of the car behind the sunroof causing a bit of damage, which prompted me to get her out of "storage" so to speak. I'm not one to be terribly concerned with cosmetics, but if my dad is willing to pull out the paint gun, I'm willing to give him a car to shoot! (My dad is a retired autobody master!)

Hey...if you were clear up at Deception Pass, how come you didn't come and say hi?! You could have brought my spoon!

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Hey would your dad be willing to paint my mustang?
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Doubtful. He usually only paints a car or two every three or four years. He's pretty much done with it.

D
DDV Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by shotwell:
Hey...if you were clear up at Deception Pass, how come you didn't come and say hi?! You could have brought my spoon!

That was exactly why: I didn't have the spoon with me!

My sister and her boyfriend were visiting from out of state and I was playing Tour Guide. Otherwise, I would have stopped by, with or without the spoon!

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard