Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
Hey Guys my girlfriend just bought a 2000 Contour with 88k on it, Today I changed the Air Filter,Cabin Air Filter,Oil,Plugs,Wires,Fuel Filter just to give it a tune up. I still want to change the PCV valve and Thermostat since her car wont really heat up it stays on C pretty much no matter where she drives. How hard is the PCV valve to get to on the 2000 2.0?? Ive read the how-to and it says I have to take off some bolt but other threads say its different on the 00 and I can just pop it out? Please let me know where the PCV is located as well as the T-stat and what I have to do to swap these, THANKS!!!

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Does the temp gauge ever rise, if not the sensor may be disconnected. The engine cooling fan should not run until it gets warm "m or so" on the scale.

L
OP Offline
L
It rises but stays in the lower 1/4 of the gauge and doesnt seem to be getting very far past the "C"

C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
PCV is located behind the exhaust manifold. This should apply to your car.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by lsondubz:
It rises but stays in the lower 1/4 of the gauge and doesnt seem to be getting very far past the "C"

Neither does mine. I've replaced the temp sender, the thermostat, the coolant, and even the entire gauge plus the entire cluster. Still does that. I think they just suck, so don't worry about it. The only thing I use mine for is to know when the car has heated up, and when it is overheating (if it does).

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard