G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by G?¨t?£uck?¥151:
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Originally posted by G?¨t?£uck?¥151:
any update... or still processing?

nevermind just got an e-mail stating it was shipped.

lol same here

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S

Since I didnt include any type of Instructions or helpful hints in anyones packages. I wanted to make sure you all still got the info.

Heres the Low Down.

For added brightness, please do this

Quote:

MORE HELPFUL INSTALLATION TIPS:

If you really want the most brightness out of your gauges, go buy some chrome spray paint, and do what we call the â??chroming processâ?, it really makes a difference. Now from trial and error I have discovered the better the price on the can the better the quality, and try and only spray once, making sure to mask off any electrical components, along with metal.

And after with tape removed

Also If you look close to the first pic, you will see added bulbs. The wires with the bulb on the end. That is to equal out brightness, add brightness. I'll add that little how to tomorrow

Tyler

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
hmmm..intersting

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
That "Chroming" process was recommended on my Toyota also.

And if you're curious about APO/FPO shipping, read this.

I didn't know you have to hand deliver mail like that. No wonder why Newegg charges like $30 for it.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
To the CEG people, how hard is the removal of the exsisting gauges? Would I have to remove the dash as well to install these?

98 T-Red CSVT
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by muskamike:
To the CEG people, how hard is the removal of the exsisting gauges? Would I have to remove the dash as well to install these?

Very simple. 4 screws total to remove the dash cover. 1 behind the defrost button, 2 above the cluster, 1 behind the clock/Contour logo.

Once the cover is removed, there is a few screws holding the cluster down. I can't remember how many since it's been a while since I opened on.

The needles will have to be removed in order to install the new gauges. This is where it get's tricky. Proper alignment of the needles is very important.

I can post a few little tips for people if needed.

P.S. Remember the position of all 4 needles at time of removal.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Originally posted by muskamike:

Very simple. 4 screws total to remove the dash cover. 1 behind the defrost button, 2 above the cluster, 1 behind the clock/Contour logo.

Once the cover is removed, there is a few screws holding the cluster down. I can't remember how many since it's been a while since I opened on.

The needles will have to be removed in order to install the new gauges. This is where it get's tricky. Proper alignment of the needles is very important.

You the man, that response was fooking fast.

98 T-Red CSVT
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
There is 10 total. 5 to start with, not 4, to remove the bezel. One behind the defroster switch on the right side, 2 above the lexan on the cluster, and 2 behind the contour logo under the center vents. Once those are off, then there is 5 screws holding the cluster in, 3 on the bottom and 2 on top. Then you have to pop the 2 multiplugs out, and then pry the black tabs with a flathead screwdriver to remove the lexan covering. After that, if you want to remove the gauges, there is various torx bolts holding them in. Lots of screws to remove!

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Just a note, not only will "chrome" give better reflection of light, so would white paint.

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
The dash and gauge cluster removal is probably one of the easiest things to do on a contour. It will take you maybe 5-10 minutes to get it out.

Originally posted by CSVT1214:

I'm interested, this is the only part that I'm nervous about

Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard