Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
#1463405 12/21/05 07:45 PM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by 2b no SVT Pete:
didn't make the cut are the ones bitching the loudest.

Oh please - you of all people should know better than to stoop to such low comments. I said NOTHING about not making the cut in my post.

Perhaps you didnt like the wording of my post but all the pictures in this thread and on Cafepress site are shown badly cropped. What else am I to judge by before buying the calendar? But in any case thanks for clearing up that issue.

#1463406 12/21/05 07:48 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by akrump47:
the pictures in this thread and on Cafepress site are shown badly cropped.

That's the way they're supposed to be.

#1463407 12/21/05 07:48 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Actually i think the names being cut off was the effect mike was going for.
I think it all looks very well done.
I'll be ordering mine as soon as some $$ clears.

'99 CSVT 152k miles '95 YJ www.VFXCustom.com PM me with anything you need done in Vinyl.
#1463408 12/21/05 08:03 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
mine were delivered today, I will take a look when I get home, I was pleased with the two last year and I am sure I will be again this year

I will agree at first it was weird that the names were cropped off the image until I noticed that the user name is on the image but much smaller, I agree I think the effact works

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
#1463409 12/21/05 09:20 PM
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by akrump47:
Perhaps you didnt like the wording of my post but all the pictures in this thread and on Cafepress site are shown badly cropped. What else am I to judge by before buying the calendar? But in any case thanks for clearing up that issue.

Yes, your wording is extremely poor - especially when you throw in "...pathetic. ". Was that really necessary? How else would anyone take it other than it being flamebait? Am I not allowed to retort in the same level you posted?

Understand where I'm coming from:
1. I don't own a Contour
2. I don't make money on the calendar
3. I didn't have much time to do it, but I did anyway
4. Ray, Mike and myself spent a lot of time and effort to produce 06
5. I don't see anyone else stepping up to do anything like this

So when people decide to bash it, I tend to get a little defensive. Hence the comment in the first post asking people hold criticisms to themselves - buy it or move on.

And my proposal still stands to you or anyone else:
1. If you can find a better place to do it at this price, let's try it.
2. If you want to take on the making of 2007, I'd be more than happy to pass it on.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
#1463410 12/21/05 10:15 PM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Point taken - sorry for coming across like a dick then. All is good.

#1463411 12/21/05 10:32 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I would like to say again the calendar came out great, thanks to everyone again

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
#1463412 12/21/05 11:32 PM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
as far as the design of the calendar goes, i wanted to use that script font because it is a great contrast to the hard metal lines of the cars. design is about contrast. to use this font at lets say 10-12pts for the members names just didnt work out. it looked like little scribbles on the page. i instead blew the names up huge and ran them off the page for a couple reasons.

reason one is that we are not able to design the dates portion which come at the bottom of the composition when you are looking at the calendar open. the names running off the pictures pulls the bottom portion into the design of the top. it runs off the pictures and appears to run onto the dates portion. the dates portion is white so your eye almost completes the letters of the name even though they are not really there.

reason two is that the names being cut off turns them into a graphic element and they dont function as names anymore. this helps reinforce reason one. this too is why the name is repeated on each composition in a legable font.
i dont expect for everyone to like the designs i do that is just not possible. i design because i love to design. i do my very best to make something that is pleasing to the eye and makes the viewer want to find out for themselves why things are the way they are.

when i show people compositions i do i like to ask them why they think things are the way they are. i like feedback from viewers as long as it is contructive. take time to really notice things and see a new world come alive right in front of your eyes that was there all along.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
#1463413 12/21/05 11:47 PM
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Originally posted by SoundQ SVT:

Did anyone figure out if that discount code works again this year?

It's expired. After your order is complete, you are given the opportunity to provide email address's of your "friends". If you do that, they and you get $5 off your NEXT order. I suppose you could order one and then go back and order more but the shipping on the secord order would eat the $5 off.

yeah I saw that. It said for an order for $20 or more.
Do they count shipping costs before they discount an order?
I didn't email any "friends" because I assumed that discounts get applied before shipping costs, and therefore wouldn't be helpful for anyone. Since I didn't do it, I didn't get the coupon code number.

The code I do have is for $5 off a purchase of $35 or more. code DEC25

I'll try to use that code when I order. I'm going to be ordering like 10 of them (only 2 for me) so any discount helps.

Thanks!

Oh, and I definitely appreciate the effort put forth by all involved in putting this calendar together. Thank you all very much!

Bob Johann SoundQ SVT 1998 T-Red SVT Contour #3088 2001 IASCA Pro Street 1-600 Champion 2002 SLAP Pro Street 1-600 Champion 2002 MECA SQL Master Class Champion 2003 IASCA StreetX 1-600 Champion 2005 SLAP Expert Street Champion
#1463414 12/22/05 02:07 AM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Mikey Boy:
as far as the design of the calendar goes, i wanted to use that script font because it is a great contrast to the hard metal lines of the cars. design is about contrast. to use this font at lets say 10-12pts for the members names just didnt work out. it looked like little scribbles on the page. i instead blew the names up huge and ran them off the page for a couple reasons.

reason one is that we are not able to design the dates portion which come at the bottom of the composition when you are looking at the calendar open. the names running off the pictures pulls the bottom portion into the design of the top. it runs off the pictures and appears to run onto the dates portion. the dates portion is white so your eye almost completes the letters of the name even though they are not really there.

reason two is that the names being cut off turns them into a graphic element and they dont function as names anymore. this helps reinforce reason one. this too is why the name is repeated on each composition in a legable font.
i dont expect for everyone to like the designs i do that is just not possible. i design because i love to design. i do my very best to make something that is pleasing to the eye and makes the viewer want to find out for themselves why things are the way they are.

when i show people compositions i do i like to ask them why they think things are the way they are. i like feedback from viewers as long as it is contructive. take time to really notice things and see a new world come alive right in front of your eyes that was there all along.

So yeah, I think Mike knows what he's talking about.

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard