Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1463210 12/17/05 06:41 PM
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Ford finally got my rear mount to me. Both mounts only took about 1.5 hours to install. What a difference. I used the inserts up front also. Torque steer almost gone, shifting is smoother. I got the front and the inserts from BAT and the rear from Ford.

FYI: All the nuts and bolts are 15mm

Ford dealer did confirm that the rear SVT mount has been discontinued.

The SVT is made of aluminum and is lighter as the stock one is made of steel (same as the front, SVT aluminum, stock steel). The rubber insert material on the SVT seemed stiffer but that could be the fact that the stock ones were shot.

I have pics of Stock and SVT rear if anyone is interested.

98 Tropic Green Contour 2.5 MTX
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
should've got pole's poly roll resistors.

98' Black SVT Build #1915 of 6535
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by hot3dog3lucky3:

Had to get it on the road no time to wait for turn around

O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
Quick question:
I have a front and rear motor mount here in front of me. The front I got from SPmotorsports and the rear I got from Josh (Pole120), the front is markedly heavier than the rear.

Is my front a true SVT alum mount or just a post 98 steel one? any way to tell?

Ohsigmachi '96 GL MTX Zetec --I don't won't to hurt you, but it's still on my list of things to do.-- View projectSlippery Slope
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by MaddMike2:
Originally posted by hot3dog3lucky3:

Had to get it on the road no time to wait for turn around

really? i received mine the day after i ordered them. oh well, i can see where you're coming from though.

98' Black SVT Build #1915 of 6535
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
anybody?

Ohsigmachi '96 GL MTX Zetec --I don't won't to hurt you, but it's still on my list of things to do.-- View projectSlippery Slope
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by ohsigmachi:
Quick question:
I have a front and rear motor mount here in front of me. The front I got from SPmotorsports and the rear I got from Josh (Pole120), the front is markedly heavier than the rear.

Is my front a true SVT alum mount or just a post 98 steel one? any way to tell?

The SVT should be unpainted Alum. If your unsure take a magnet to it. It will not stick to the Alum, plus the front stock one on mine was Black painted steel and it was smooth, the SVT one was bare Alum and had I think 4 raised ribs going around it.

I just looked at the Spmotorsports site and the Bat Catalog both places have pics of Stock Steel Replacements, not the SVT Alums

Last edited by MaddMike2; 12/19/05 04:14 AM.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P

The SVT should be unpainted Alum.

BULLSH!T

Plaine and simple. NO CONTOUR SVT OR NOT MADE BEOFORE Late 99\2000 has the AL mount . They revised the front to Al at the same time. VERY rarely to i see an aluminum mount pass through my hands.

As far as the "waiting for turn around" that's what core exchanges are for , i would have had a set of mounts on your door step in 2 days(pays to pm me or check the thread on core availability).

Weights are as follows for those that care:

steel rear poly filled 5 lbs
aluminum rear poly filled 3 lbs
steel front poly filled 3.5 lbs
aluminum front poly filled 2.5 lbs

Seriously, there is a ton of information i have gathered over the last year, if you have a question or something pm me or post in the roll resistor thread. I don't car what your Ford dealer has to say, they're full of sh!t.

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by pole120:

The SVT should be unpainted Alum.

BULLSH!T

Plaine and simple. NO CONTOUR SVT OR NOT MADE BEOFORE Late 99\2000 has the AL mount . They revised the front to Al at the same time. VERY rarely to i see an aluminum mount pass through my hands.

As far as the "waiting for turn around" that's what core exchanges are for , i would have had a set of mounts on your door step in 2 days(pays to pm me or check the thread on core availability).

Weights are as follows for those that care:

steel rear poly filled 5 lbs
aluminum rear poly filled 3 lbs

steel front poly filled 3.5 lbs
aluminum front poly filled 2.5 lbs

Seriously, there is a ton of information i have gathered over the last year, if you have a question or something pm me or post in the roll resistor thread. I don't car what your Ford dealer has to say, they're full of sh!t.

Look I did not know about your service till after I had all ready payed for the other mounts. I have no idea what you have seen or what you have not seen.

What I do know is what Ford and Bat have listed and what I recieved in the boxes with the Ford part numbers on them.

The Front mount:
Ford part#F8RZ.6038.EA is the SVT Alum. mount.
Ford part#F8RZ.6038.BA is the regular Steel mount.

The Rear mount:
Ford part#F8RZ.6068.BA is the SVT Alum. mount
Ford part#F7RZ.6068.BA is the regular Steel mount.

This is the listing for 98.5 and up SVT. I have no idea what Ford has done in the past and I do not really care, all that matters is what I can get when I go to the parts counter and order a part.

We all know about mid run changes and production variations. I have no idea how many of the Alum. mounts were used on SVT's. The number of SVT's produced vice the number of normal Contour's produced would be an indicater of how many Alum. vice Steel mounts you would incounter during rebuilding them. I'm sure you have seen more steel, the production number difference would dictate that happening.

All I was doing was passing on information so that we would all be more informed. If you disagree with Ford's information that is fine it's a free country.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P

I have no idea what Ford has done in the past and I do not really care, all that matters is what I can get when I go to the parts counter and order a part.

Well said.

I too am simply trying to educate the masses, that their SVT will most likely NOT have an AL mount in it. It's NOT just an SVT part as indicated(also something they my need to know). The Al mount is also found on most cougars.

What i can tell you is that out of the 75+ mounts i've had in my posession (85% from SVT's ranging through all years) AT BEST 5 of them were AL.

Josh

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard