Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I really hope roger isnt getting betn out of shape from what I said... I dont know who else might have talked about a G6 GTP?

I did in another thread say that the automatic GTP is about on par with the SVT on the Highway. I stuck with my pops the whole time. From a dig was a bit different... especially considiering I wont launch hard.

Its a nice car either way, but I still dont like pontiac interiors. I think the SVT is way above it in quality.

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by tour96se:
seriously..you get passed by minivans in your svt??? does it have the low output 2.5??

all the time y?? tour calm ur self. i was kidding, i was merley agreeing with roger that new cars/suv's are just as fast as our cars our.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by SteedaSVTââ??¢:
Trying to figure out what the point of this is??

SVT 2.5
GTP 3.8 s/c'd correct??

soo to make it fair can we put a turbo on a csvt?

Yeah that's almost like trying to compare my '00 CSVT to my '05 GTO at the track - never ran either car, but I'm guessing low 15s vs high 12s. CSVT gets a few nods tho' - better feeling brakes and better seats for the long trips...and my /////Alpine system sounded better.

2005 RED GTO w/ M6 - Lingenfelter CAI - Corsa Sport Cat-Back - SLP LTs - C5 Pads
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by myfastse:
Originally posted by Phil Rohtla:
G6 GTP has a 3.9 NA V6 with a six speed.

Fixed

Whoops! Poor typing skills. D'PH!...I mean D'OH!

I was interested in trying (not necessarily buying) the GTP (Hell, I'd take a GTO if it were in Canada, but that's an aside...). But if it costs as much as a Mustang GT, I know which one I'd take.

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
I really hope roger isnt getting betn out of shape from what I said... I dont know who else might have talked about a G6 GTP?

I did in another thread say that the automatic GTP is about on par with the SVT on the Highway. I stuck with my pops the whole time. From a dig was a bit different... especially considiering I wont launch hard.

Its a nice car either way, but I still dont like pontiac interiors. I think the SVT is way above it in quality.

I guess I did get a "bit" carried away, but I think in the spring I may need to go and rent a Malibu w/ the 3.5L V6(200 hp) and invite someone with a CSVT to Ubly. Kinda like "Pinks" but w/o the pinkslip I'm sure the "slushbox" robs some power, but I can't come to grips with it robbing THAT much to be even close. I mentioned earlier in the post about the perf world passing the CSVT by, you know what, the SRT-4, ION Redline, Cobalt SS and this new G6 GTP w/ 6 speed runs the same 1/4 mile ET/MPH as a stock 87' GN, man have times changed and changed for the good

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D

Fixed

I was interested in trying (not necessarily buying) the GTP (Hell, I'd take a GTO if it were in Canada, but that's an aside...). But if it costs as much as a Mustang GT, I know which one I'd take.

Don't know what a new 300hp Mustang GT can be bought for, but I paid $28,355.00 for my 400hp GTO

2005 RED GTO w/ M6 - Lingenfelter CAI - Corsa Sport Cat-Back - SLP LTs - C5 Pads
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
The wonders of GM, a boosted 4L and the best they can do is a mid 14 run.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by DaJudge:

Fixed

Don't know what a new 300hp Mustang GT can be bought for, but I paid $28,355.00 for my 400hp GTO

Mustang (New Technology) GTO aka Camaro (Old Technology). By that, I would think and hope that they would be cheaper...

Ryan Trollin!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by ODC:
The wonders of GM, a boosted 4L and the best they can do is a mid 14 run.

IT IS NOT BOOSTED FOLKS!

The new 3.9L V6 is a NA VVT pushrod engine producing 240-245HP/245TQ. It was designed to make a flat torque curve verses peak power & is used in several mid sized GM platforms. (mainly behind a slushbox) It has 90% of peak torque available from 1800rpm to redline. That's saying something for how it's tuned.

It's "spec'd" at roughly:
15.7 @ 95 in the 3800lb Impala (slushbox)
15.5 @ 96 in the 3600lb Malibu Maxx (slush)
15.3 @ 96 in the 3400lb Malibu (slush)
15.4 @ 95 in the 3400lb G6 (slush)
15.0 @ 97 in the 3300lb G6 (6-spd)

It's also used in many of GM's SUVs.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Mustang (New Technology) GTO aka Camaro (Old Technology). By that, I would think and hope that they would be cheaper...

GTO aka Holden Monaro

Camaro/Firebird aka dead and buried.

Also your logic is anything but. The GTO is one hell of a lot of car for under 30k. Too bad it doesn't come in sedan form or it would be a worthwhile car. It's too fat and heavy to be a good 2 door car. Then again the new Mustang is also fat & heavy as well.

They are both more grand touring coupes then muscle cars and are most DEFINITELY NOT sports cars.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard