Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Shawnb Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I took some pictures with my dad's spare STi wheel next to my car. If the SVT wheel is close (and I mean close) to the color of the STi wheel, then it is a sealed deal. It looks soooooo nice. I will post up some pictures later of how gold 17"s look next to a green CSVT.

I'm really weary about spending ~$650 on a set of wheels that I really have no clue about. Ideally, I would like to go to a Ford dealership and mount them up on my car, but I highly doubt that that would happen.

Has anyone seen the wheels in gold before? Do they come close to matching the STi wheel color?

1999 Tropic Green SVT - Rolled 1/24/06 She will be missed.
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
could be the lighting but:

I think the STi wheel is a bit less bright. Also, those euro focus wheels are pretty heavy too.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Shawnb:
Originally posted by hotdimmes:
I hold you soley responsible if I fail any finals this week:

I feel like it needs less "Luck of the irish"

You don't have to answer me right now, dude. School work > some kind 2,000 miles away.

Thanks for all of your help, though. I'm depressed now that I see what it would look like.

Gotta love the green for the money...gold for the honeys

1998.5 SVT contour #5979 3L 1995 Mercury Mystique 2.5L auto, all ghetto fo sho
S
Shawnb Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S

I wish they were that color...

I really, really do.

S
Shawnb Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Okay, guys. I'm thinking that I probably won't be getting those wheels, due to the color. And, as much as I would like nice gold wheels, I don't think I can dish out ~$200/wheel for gold OZ wheels; which seem to be the only other gold wheel I can find in the United States that I like.

I started looking around and found a gorgeous wheel made by Fox Racing. It is the EVO 3 wheel, and I was really considering getting it. That is, until I realized I couldn't find a dealer in the US. Foiled again...

Or not...

I went to TireRack for the 5 millionth time, and happened across a wheel I had never noticed. It is called the "Sport Edition Fox 3". And, as the name implies, it is a knock-off of the EVO 3. Although it doesn't come in the titanium finish as the EVO 3 does, they still look great. What's even better is that they are on sale for $89/wheel.

Here's the link: http://www.tirerack.com/servlet/CallJsp?target=wheelSearchCloseUp&wheelIndex=12&sizeIndex=0&showRear=no&setIndex=3&filterSize=&filterFinish=Painted&filterSpecial=true

If I get these, and after a while I get tired of them, I will most likely get them powder coated gold.

So, whatchu guys think?

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I would save up my money and get the wheels you want. Trust me you want cool wheels that will look nice. Wheels can either make or break your cars look. So I would wait and get the ones your really want.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
S
Shawnb Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Anyone know of a place that sells the OZ Superturismo GT in the USoA? All the places that I find are overseas somewhere, and I'm not paying international shipping on top of ~$900 wheels.

EDIT. Nevermind, I just realized that TireRack sells thems.

I'm such a dumbass.

K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by jtour:
I would save up my money and get the wheels you want. Trust me you want cool wheels that will look nice. Wheels can either make or break your cars look. So I would wait and get the ones your really want.

Great advice

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
S
Shawnb Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I know I'm bringing this back from the dead, but I figured this would be better than starting a new thread.

Okay, what do y'all prefer. Do not look at brand and don't worry about price; just which one is more appealing to you.

-or-

T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
Those Excels would look better IMO but the OZ is a much better made wheel

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard