Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by zetec herman:
I've always wondered what cupholders is everyone talking about for pre-98's? Mine doesn't have cupholders. Mabye it was somehow taken out. Possibly it wasn't available on GL's?

Had one on my '95 GL.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
On the 95-97 stick shifts you only got one cup holder no matter what, on the 95-97 automatics you got two

On mine the front one doesn't "lock in" right, so it can tip to the left

1995 Mercury Mystique 2.0 (125hp of FURY!) 2006 Chrysler 300C 5.7
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Yeah, the leather power seats don't move as far back as the cloth manual ones. I'm not incredibly tall (around 6'2"), but I am definately cramped when it comes to the leather seats. My knees don't fit very well, and the steering wheel has to be all the way up, or I can't get in and out, and I can't see the gauges. Also, the cloth seat you could get a lot of back support from... it would tip far enough forward it would push on your shoulders and make you sit up straight, which makes long drives more comfortable. The leather seat won't do that, so I tend to slouch, and get pretty sore after a 4 hr drive home.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I like my interior, but I have some nags...

1. The "can" holders suck. Cool lookin', but useless.
2. The seatback adjustment wheel sucks on Pre-98s.
3. The slats on my AC vents are screwed up from people hitting them
4. NO LUMBAR SUPPORT.
5. The car is obviously not meant for us '6"2 people. I've got the seat all the way back, and I just barely fit.

Other than that, I love my interior. It's decently classy, when kept in good shape...

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
I figured out my cupholder issue. I have that litle black base piece (which is cracked). So the cupholders were broken.

96 Contour GL 2.0, ATX "Herman" 101K "A Clean zetec is happy zetec"
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by MadMerc97:

4. NO LUMBAR SUPPORT.
5. The car is obviously not meant for us '6"2 people. I've got the seat all the way back, and I just barely fit.

Other than that, I love my interior. It's decently classy, when kept in good shape...

1. sure
2. ok
3. don't let people hit em
4. 95 SE leather seats have had adjustable lumbar support, my LS has power lumbar suport and seat back
5. I'm 6 ft and I don't sit anyway close to having the seat all the way back

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
I'm also 6 foot. Most comortable ride ever. I've never ajusted the seat!

96 Contour GL 2.0, ATX "Herman" 101K "A Clean zetec is happy zetec"
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Lumbar support has always bugged my back; in every vehicle I've driven it's been too high up to be comfortable.

5'8" here (very short legs, rather long torso - I sit as tall as any normal six-footer and taller than some) .. as awkward as I am in any social situation, my body was made for driving, since I've fit perfectly in every car I've been in so far.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by BrApple:
Originally posted by MadMerc97:

4. NO LUMBAR SUPPORT.

1. sure
2. ok
3. don't let people hit em
4. 95 SE leather seats have had adjustable lumbar support, my LS has power lumbar suport and seat back
5. I'm 6 ft and I don't sit anyway close to having the seat all the way back

Unfortunately, I have a '97 with cloth upholstery, which means 0 lumbar. Well my seat is ALL the way back. Maybe I'm just used to driving Firebirds and Crown Victorias...

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
In my opinion the pre-'98 Contours and Mystiques are better looking; I think mainly because they are two different cars. That is the front end was totally different between the two as well as the rear. '98 up are the same vehicle except for the grill. And as mentioned there are the little things for the Mercs, like the rear dome light, mini glove box on left side of steering colum, fancy under hood light (not sure if that was an LS YA thing or all Mercs had it). Of course the pre '98 Mercs had a different dash than the 'Tours; which Ford copied for '98 & up. Speaking of which someone said that Ford improved the vents in '96? Does anybody know if the '96 & up dashes are the same? As in mounting holes? My dash is so messed up from previous owners that the only reason that what's left of it is still there is because it would look rather ugly without it. I plan on replacing the dash and now it looks like the best bet MIGHT be to get a '96 or '97 dash.

As for the pre '98 cupholders mine has the single but it is broke and since my wife is trading off her '96 'Tour for an '05 Taurus I'll swap the cupholders. Hers is the original 2 cup holder that is still complete and unbroken.

Later. Pepse.

'95 Mystique LS Young America, Moonlight Blue, V-6 ATX, LOADED. REMEMBER: Always fasten your seatbelt as it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard