Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
I want a '98 Mystique dash for my car...

I wish my light switches were set like that, in the armrest. I like that better than the oddly contorting door panel switches on the Tour.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Grass is always greener on the other side.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
I want a '98 Mystique dash for my car...

I wish my light switches were set like that, in the armrest. I like that better than the oddly contorting door panel switches on the Tour.

You mean the lighted power window switches, I assume.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
Whoa, the interior on the pre98 contour is WEIRD. Totally. I always thought it had the same dash as a pre98 mystique!

http://www.talesmud.com/721.jpg <- What I cruise 'round in. That pic is, rather old, but it hasn't changed any

1995 Mercury Mystique 2.0 (125hp of FURY!) 2006 Chrysler 300C 5.7
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by TwoTwinTours:
Originally posted by Matt R:
I would definatly say when I swapped from cloth to leather, the cloth was more comfortable, but only because of the range of motion of the seats... if the leather seats could go farther than they did, they would be more comfortable.

Are you talking about how far back the entire seat moves? I noticed that when I swapped from cloth to leather in my Mystique. I moved the seat all the way back and I kept hitting my knees off the steering wheel,when before with the cloth I never hit my knees off the wheel. I found I had to have the cushion of the seat tilted as far back as it would go and recline the seat quite far back to give me the illusion of feeling sitting farther away. After a while I got used to it though,but even my passengers complained the seat didn't move back far enough and some taller people were hitting their knees off the glovebox.

As for the interior,I quite like the Contique interiors,no matter what year,but my preference goes to the pre98s for build quality,seat comfort,the console and the light package.

I have compared a '98 Contour leather seat to a '00 Mystique leather seat and I noticed that the Contour seat slides back a little further.

'98 Contour Pacific Green(Modded) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676416 FS:'98-00 Contour front bumper.Brand new unused (Non-SVT)
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by 98 SE:

For aesthetic preference, I like the cloth available on 98+'s better than the cloth pattern on pre98s. However, the '95 leather front buckets own all others in terms of comfort. I sat in his dad's car at a meet and didn't want to get out!

I like post98 interiors better.
I also like the post98 cloth pattern and color better than a pre98. I like the cup holders much better in the post98(upgraded ones) because the pre98 cup holders ones are fragile.

'98 Contour Pacific Green(Modded) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676416 FS:'98-00 Contour front bumper.Brand new unused (Non-SVT)
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
*grin* I kinda like the pre98 cupholders. They don't take up any space when you don't use them, and when ya do.. well yeah they're okay provided nobody hits the cups in em!

Of course, my mom's friend being an idiot, has done that so many times driving our car. I'd hate to think of how many cans of soda got down into the emergency brake area.

1995 Mercury Mystique 2.0 (125hp of FURY!) 2006 Chrysler 300C 5.7
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
My cupholder in my 95 is broken,and the cupholders in my 98 were useless. Currently I use one of the cardboard drink trays that drive-thrus give you as my cup holder.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
I've always wondered what cupholders is everyone talking about for pre-98's? Mine doesn't have cupholders. Mabye it was somehow taken out. Possibly it wasn't available on GL's?

96 Contour GL 2.0, ATX "Herman" 101K "A Clean zetec is happy zetec"
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by zetec herman:
I've always wondered what cupholders is everyone talking about for pre-98's? Mine doesn't have cupholders. Mabye it was somehow taken out. Possibly it wasn't available on GL's?

It's a pop-up design in the center console to the right of your E-brake handle. They might have been broken off; many are (they are very fragile!). A revised cupholder design was offered .. see the pre98 Mystique photo I've got above ... slightly sturdier but you only get one cupholder instead of two.

My first Contour memory ever was sitting in a '95 or '96 Moonlight Blue SE on the showroom floor, while my dad was purchasing a '93 Taurus, and playing with those pop-up cupholders. I was about ten years old back then and had little concept of car models .. it wasn't till many years later that I recognized the pre98 cupholders in that memory ..

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard