Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
96 seats are the same as 95 too...and the pre98 grey leather seats suck,they feel cheap,the only good leather in the contour was the tan...in the mystique,pre98's they had a little storage area by your left knee..a pretty big one,i thought that was neat,i tried to put it in my svt dash but the metal supports arent the same...

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by OoTLink:
The 95-97 interior rawks! The door handles/locks are really cool (even with the funky motor, it sounds cool), which sure they exist in the 98+, but it aint the same...

The window controls and such are on the door panel and not on the funky thing next to the handle on the 98+, that's yucky.

You talking about Mystiques? Because door handles didn't change between model years (i.e. pre98 Contours have the same style as 98+ Contours, with the exception of the 98 which has raised window switches; and pre98 Mystiques have almost the same door panels as 98+ Mystiques) ...

Dashboards: all Contours had the same dashboard, with the pre98 having a different vent bezel (just looks a bit different and isn't as functional as 98+ with regard to direction). Mystiques 1995-1998 had same dashboard (1998 had revised vent bezels as well), but Mystiques 1999-2000 had the same dash as the Contour.

If I have time later this afternoon I'll find and post a few pics of the different model years ... some of you'd be surprised what carried over and what didn't.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Sorry about the awkward angles, some of these were the best pics I could find ..

pre98 Contour: link

98+ Contour: link

pre98 Mystique:

1998 Mystique:

1999+ Mystique

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I would definatly say when I swapped from cloth to leather, the cloth was more comfortable, but only because of the range of motion of the seats... if the leather seats could go farther than they did, they would be more comfortable.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I have a 99 contour and I love my interior. I have 72,000 miles and my driver seat still feels new! I dont know but I feel I got a great interior in my car.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Matt R:
I would definatly say when I swapped from cloth to leather, the cloth was more comfortable, but only because of the range of motion of the seats... if the leather seats could go farther than they did, they would be more comfortable.

Are you talking about how far back the entire seat moves? I noticed that when I swapped from cloth to leather in my Mystique. I moved the seat all the way back and I kept hitting my knees off the steering wheel,when before with the cloth I never hit my knees off the wheel. I found I had to have the cushion of the seat tilted as far back as it would go and recline the seat quite far back to give me the illusion of feeling sitting farther away. After a while I got used to it though,but even my passengers complained the seat didn't move back far enough and some taller people were hitting their knees off the glovebox.

As for the interior,I quite like the Contique interiors,no matter what year,but my preference goes to the pre98s for build quality,seat comfort,the console and the light package.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction
B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
That's not a very glorifying picture of the pre98 Mystique; look at the poor broken dash vents I'm assuming that's a 1995 from before they upgraded the center vents.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by BadDoctorFrost:
That's not a very glorifying picture of the pre98 Mystique; look at the poor broken dash vents I'm assuming that's a 1995 from before they upgraded the center vents.

CBM?!!

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I want a '98 Mystique dash for my car...

I have tan leather interior & like it. The cloth seats in both the Contours I owned were/are more comfortable than any of the leather seats I've had. I have not tried the '95 leather seats...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
I want a '98 Mystique dash for my car...

Yeah that does look nice! I rode in my uncles mystique and he had that dash and shift knob (wood) and it looked killer. I will have to hunt one down in the junkyard.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard