Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1457722 12/11/05 03:18 AM
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
My contique is a pre 98. I've compared it to post 98's and I must say i think the interior holds up better in pre-98's than post-98's. I just think its better build quality. Any thoughts?

96 Contour GL 2.0, ATX "Herman" 101K "A Clean zetec is happy zetec"
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
If you're talking dash warp, then definitely. Brapple noted something about the doors sounding more solid as well.

For aesthetic preference, I like the cloth available on 98+'s better than the cloth pattern on pre98s. However, the '95 leather front buckets own all others in terms of comfort. I sat in his dad's car at a meet and didn't want to get out!

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by 98 SE:
If you're talking dash warp, then definitely. Brapple noted something about the doors sounding more solid as well.

For aesthetic preference, I like the cloth available on 98+'s better than the cloth pattern on pre98s. However, the '95 leather front buckets own all others in terms of comfort. I sat in his dad's car at a meet and didn't want to get out!

Matt is right, the pre 98 have more sound deadening in the doors then post 98 cars, this makes the door heavier and it has a more solid feel and sound to it when closing.

yes pre 98 leather seats own all, the side bolsters just grab you and hold you in the seat

also the pre 98 had the light package that put lights in the door handles, there are some other nice touches like the center console since it connects to the dash and gives more of a enclosed feeling

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
My SVT dosent feel 1/2 as solid as my 95, it dosent have all the little things either, like a light in the glovebox, in the door handles, heated side mirrors, light in the hoodliner etc. I miss all those things.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
How do you people have so many Miles on your cars? i have 125k KM'S, and i feel like that is a lot...

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Tourige:
How do you people have so many Miles on your cars? i have 125k KM'S, and i feel like that is a lot...

Do you really need a literal answer to that?

I'll grant that I only had 77K on my Contour when I gave her up .. but then again I didn't have a 50 mile commute either. My dad put 125K on his old minivan in a little over four years due to his job; I imagine others on here do so as well.

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
i sat in brapples seats and my god it was a total different feel and comfort..the svt leather is stiff and not really designed for comfortness..

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
i sat in brapples seats and my god it was a total different feel and comfort..the svt leather is stiff and not really designed for comfortness..

That sucks... mine are quite comfortable.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Slack Master Doug:
That sucks... mine are quite comfortable.

You think so till you experience a '95 leather seat!!

Also ... I notice you have a T-red (assume with tan interior, as MNB wasn't available with T-red for '00) .. reportedly the tan leather is a bit softer than the MNB leather. I can't tell myself, but others have said so ...

O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
The 95-97 interior rawks! The door handles/locks are really cool (even with the funky motor, it sounds cool), which sure they exist in the 98+, but it aint the same...

The window controls and such are on the door panel and not on the funky thing next to the handle on the 98+, that's yucky.

The dash looks way nicer too, what happened to the contour/mystique design team after 98? It's like the taurus team took over and messed things up The shifter area.. yuck, and then there's that whole thing about "Mystique" or "Contour" being in italics on the dash if you don't have the clock.

"Uh.. yeah I'm driving my.. uh.. oh.. contour!" yeah like you'll forget what you're driving.

It still looks.. okay.. I guess, but the earlier ones looked cooler, more spacey, and stuff. The only way you can tell these cars are really as old as they are, is by looking at the instrument cluster -- ya know, with the mechanical odometer and such.

IMHO the 98+ contours look better than the 95-97 on the outside though, but that's because they adapted the outside design of the mystique Totally objectional though!

1995 Mercury Mystique 2.0 (125hp of FURY!) 2006 Chrysler 300C 5.7
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard