Next Thread
Print Thread
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
What's up everybody?

I got rear-ended today, so I need to figure out where to take my car. It looks like it just cracked the bumper cover, but we'll see.

I've heard Gwinnett Place Ford's body shop does ok work.

Any other recommendations?

2000 T-Red SVT #2010 Quit whining about gas prices and start caring about how much you pay in taxes. Then go here.
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Why not just replace the bumper cover?

M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by ouch:
Why not just replace the bumper cover?

Well, yes that is what the body shop will do. My point is, no sheet metal, tail lights, etc were damaged.

Are you suggesting I take the ins money and find a salvage bumper? Not a bad idea if it would match. Hmm.

2000 T-Red SVT #2010 Quit whining about gas prices and start caring about how much you pay in taxes. Then go here.
T
T
saw a used bumper at pull a part about two weeks ago it is in norceoss really cheap

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Thats an SE or a GL though, unless you found an SVT at the pullapart

I did see a couple 98+ tours at that pull a part last week though.

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
Thats an SE or a GL though, unless you found an SVT at the pullapart

Yeah, that would be rare. They seem to be about 8 - 10 years from new.

I'll start checking out all the local salvage yards once I get a check from ins. I also have a local contact at a Ford dealer who can get me parts for cheap, in case I have to go the new route.

Any want to buy a slightly cracked and dented SVT rear bumper? Seriously though, I think someone with a little fiberglass body experience and some elbow grease could probably make it look like new. Can't hurt to list it in the classifieds.

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
sprayglo off buford hwy in duluth does good work and has fair prices your looking at 300-$400 to repair and respray the rear bumper. thats where i would go.

-2000 csvt silver frost #1619 -magnaflow 14415 -optimized T/B & y-pipe -superchips xgt1 -75mm proflow maf -K&N RU-3530 -fsvt smart pump # 354Z-9H307-BC -spec stage one, LSD -low-tek,a/f,oil press.,volts -B&M short shifter -17" konig gt-r

Moderated by  Lee_dup2, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard