Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
WTF?

I was going off memory and guessing the worst you have to pay was $6 a can, not $20 like the other guy said.

Get off my tip bish!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
Oh Yes, one other thing ndolsongtp that I though about that may be causing the idle problems:

After I cleaned and rebuilt my car's intake and fixed the injector problem, I was having idling problems and getting really bad gas mileage. It ended up being a vacuum leak at the point where the two vacuum lines that come from the braking system hook up to the upper intake manifold. The plastic retainers had broken apart and there was not a good seal.

I went to local Ford dealership and bought the replacement hardware (came with gasket, plastic retainer, and brass fittings) and just replaced the gaskets and retainers. Problem solved!

The point is to do your best to make sure the are no leaks after the mass air flow meter, or else the computer will think you have less air going into the engine than what you really do. This can cause some problems (including too lean)

Let us know how it all goes!!

1998 SVT + Goodies Hal's How To's
N
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
I got the Bosch platinum plugs, Autozone said they were factory replacements. Since I don't trust the parts people at those kinds of stores, I double checked online and confirmed it. As far as I could tell, none of the vacuum lines had any issues. The only thing I'm unhappy about is that I had to stop in the middle of the job. Not only that,but stop overnight and pick up 24 hours later. I always hate having to stop because I get in a groove and remember everything perfectly, etc. Oh well. Hopefully it'll be done in a couple hours and back on the road in like new condition tonight.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard