Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by ndolsongtp:

OK...now O'Reilly's is telling me they have what I need for the fuel rails. I check to see if I can still do it by popping the little tabs though.

You need this...

Can be found almost anywhere.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Stazi:
Berrymans is in a pourable can and make normal carb cleaner seem like water.

I buy the aerosol. About 6 cans for a full good cleaning. About $3-4 a can.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I buy a can or two of Beryyman's for the UIM and then a can or two of Valvoline TB cleaner for the LIM and valves.

Seafoam is an alternative to the Berrymans if you can't find it.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
110k on my car and never been done. either one of you two jokers wanna come down over xmas and do some wrenchin'? if you're lucky i'll let you change the virgin antifreeze too!

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
N
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
Well, since I didn't know the diameter of the fuel lines, I didn't get the exact tool mentioned above...but I did get these little plastic rings that snap over the fuel line and essentially do the same thing.

Getting ready to jump into this now. Wish me like, I just might be back here needing help later tonight (I hope not)

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I buy a can or two of Beryyman's for the UIM and then a can or two of Valvoline TB cleaner for the LIM and valves.

Just don't let too much of it run down inside the engine. Otherwise you will be pulling the plugs to get the engine to turn over.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by 2X95SEs:

Just don't let too much of it run down inside the engine. Otherwise you will be pulling the plugs to get the engine to turn over.

Never had an issue - trust me I know what I'm doing.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
Hey, I know you started on this last night, but I do have an uncomplete website I put up (I have no time to finish) but it has a step-by-step with pics of the complete teardown of what you are trying to do. I have done it about three times myself and after the first time its really easy.

I had NO LUCK with the Berryman's (just my experience) and the only thing that would TOUCH the gunk on the LIM and UIM was oven cleaner from Food Lion Grocery Store. After spraying it in the UIM and LIM heavily, I took them to the coin-pressure wash place and the gunk came out without much effort. I never got a chance to try the SeaFoam.

Oh, a word on the fuel injectors - be sure they are secure in the fuel rail when reassembling - one of mine wasnt and DANGEROUSLY was leaking fuel on top of the engine. I had to tear everything apart again and reseat it.

I hope this helps:

Hal's How To

This site will eventually change hosts (sometime this coming summer) but for now it will be a good link.

Good luck!

1998 SVT + Goodies Hal's How To's
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
OVEN CLEANER!? You do know that it is WAY to caustic for Aluminum!

Back to Chem 101

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
OMG. Did my brothers 95 Mystique last spring. Yep 10 year old car and the UIM had never been clean. 6 cans of Berrymans did the trick. Just keept spraying it on the carbon. Almost everyone on the site uses Berrymans and never heard of a complaint. Oven Cleaner?! You have to be kidding me. Don't know what you were doing. Spraying a little on isn't going to eat it off. You might have to use some vinyl bristle brushes too.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard