Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by BlackBirdRacing:

My buddy says, that driving blizzaks on the asphalt once the snow is gone will ruin them.

Your buddy=not smare. Very false. Give a call to Tire Rack and ask them. I'd like to hear the laughter.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
I wish everyone was smare

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
I hate to burst your bubble but 2-3" of snow is barely a dusting. That really is not any indication of a tire's snow ability.

With H&r's anything deeper than 2-3 inches the car becomes a snow plow, and i dont care what kinda tires you got on. The contour is no snow plow. I know from first hand experience

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by dubkatz:
I hate to burst your bubble but 2-3" of snow is barely a dusting. That really is not any indication of a tire's snow ability.

With H&r's anything deeper than 2-3 inches the car becomes a snow plow, and i dont care what kinda tires you got on. The contour is no snow plow. I know from first hand experience

I am running H&R's with Koni's and snow tires. So far as long as the streets are plowed its a great driver!

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Originally posted by dubkatz:

I am running H&R's with Koni's and snow tires. So far as long as the streets are plowed its a great driver!

Key word. PLOWED.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
My car is amazing in the snow! We got socked with snow lastnight and I had to drive to work on unplowed roads that had snow as deep as the bottom of my licence plate in spots and I was able to plow to work at a steady 70-80kmh and not worry about dying. Traction with 4 snow tires is great,and I don't even have TC or ABS. My car is a beast in the snow.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by spdsk8r:
I have Blizzak's on mine. It is almost as good in the snow as our Jeep Liberty LTD.

think I could get away with just two front blizzaks?
And some steelies outta the junk yard?

My buddy says, that driving blizzaks on the asphalt once the snow is gone will ruin them.

What's you take, will i get more than one season outta these?

Pretty sure that your insurance co won't cover you if you have summer tires in the winter, even on the non-drive wheels.

The blizzaks are fine on asphalt as long as its below 8*C or so.

First snowfall we had here in Vancouver I hadn't switched yet, and sure enough i started sliding backwards when I stopped in traffic, uphill, on slush.

When I made it safe off that stupid hill first thing I did was get the snow tires mounted ...

L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by todras:
If you state a Contour sucks in the snow you don't have adequate tires. I'm guessing all seasons. Any FWD car with good tires does a great job in the snow.

todd you are soo wrong on that one u need to remember a SVT has traction control and ABS SE's don't. and i have heard goodyear aquatread's are good snow tires. so i have to say my contour sucks in the snow.i hit the gas my tires spin, i hit the brakes my car slides. the only way my car does good in the snow is if you go 30 MPH and remember to be patient.

2000 contour V6 ATX BAT suspension kit, k&n filter, SVT TB, SVT UIM, SVT LIM, MSDS headers, MSDS Y-pipe, SVT dual exhaust, Custum burned ADC chip, 7000k HID's, 200 amp HO alt, custom gauges, and 17" rims
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by lizard:
todd you are soo wrong on that one u need to remember a SVT has traction control and ABS SE's don't.

uummm,

my SVT doesn't have traction control.
I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one...

Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Can u ask him to measure his shaft and compare it to your shaft?

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by lizard:
todd you are soo wrong on that one u need to remember a SVT has traction control and ABS SE's don't.

uummm,

my SVT doesn't have traction control.
I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one...

Most of them don't .. it's an *extremely* rare option (recorded on two SVTs on here, I believe?).

Secondly you've got to be an idiot to drive faster than 30MPH and expect the car to handle like it does on dry pavement .. snow tires or not. I don't even go faster than 30MPH in snow to begin with!

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard