Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
'
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
'
Welcome to the world of contours. and every other light front wheel drive car. (My moms sebring kinda spun out and hit a mailbox)

1999 Black Contour V6 5 speed. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2072975/
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by todras:
If you state a Contour sucks in the snow you don't have adequate tires. I'm guessing all seasons. Any FWD car with good tires does a great job in the snow.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Actually I meant to type summer not all seasons. If you have KDW's on a Contour in the winter you're insane.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by todras:
If you state a Contour sucks in the snow you don't have adequate tires. I'm guessing all seasons. Any FWD car with good tires does a great job in the snow.

i think more than anything its just being in my first snow with the SVT. my tires are fine. Today was alot better coming to work, just getting a feel for it in the snow was not fun cause it was insane last nite(some people took 5 hours to get home on a normal 20 min drive).

Mike 99' Silver CSVT 95' Silver Acura Integra www.latest-craze.com
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
My Contour handled wonderfully in the snow, best and most predictable car I've ever driven in snow short of my parents' Subarus. Definitely agree you've got the wrong tires if you're having problems.

Q
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by 98 SE:
My Contour handled wonderfully in the snow, best and most predictable car I've ever driven in snow short of my parents' Subarus. Definitely agree you've got the wrong tires if you're having problems.

My 97 SE handles like a champ in the snow, it has Yokohama Avid A4's on it. My SVT at the time had some bald cheap summer tires and it did horrible, i put some Sumotomo all seasons on it and so far it seems fine through our first two storms. I think it's all in the tires!!!

#3162 of 6535 98 SVT Silver frost Viper Responder 791 w/ 2way remote start Let the modding begin!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
First time I ever drove in the snow with KDW's was an ass-clenching experience - they are NOT a snow tire by any stretch of the imagination and trying to drive with those in the snow is a gamble with your life - GET SNOW TIRES!!!!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Quick_SVT:

My 97 SE handles like a champ in the snow, it has Yokohama Avid H4's on it. My SVT at the time had some bald cheap summer tires and it did horrible, i put some Sumotomo all seasons on it and so far it seems fine through our first two storms. I think it's all in the tires!!!

Fixed

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I was a little late getting the Parada Spec-2s off and the snow tires on. Driving in the snow with the Yokos is rather pointless. It snowed Saturday morning, so I figured I had to put the snow tires/wheels on. Took me an hour to get to my parents' house (where the snow wheels/tires are, and they live only 2 miles away), and it took another 40 minutes to get up their driveway.

Snow tires make a world of difference. I have absolutely no problem driving in the snow with them on, and I assume I get better grip than people with non-Contours with all-season tires, just by the way some others drive. The SVT gets an A+ in the snow from me. If your car sucks that bad, get new tires.

Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by Davo:
If your car sucks that bad, get new tires.

Yes, definetly. I just bought a barely used pair of blizzak ws-50's(?) off my buddy who sold his car, and I think it does really well as far as a fwd car goes(Compared to my f-250, first winter not driving it). Night and day difference from the all-seasons that were on there prior even.

98 Black Contour SVT #1273 Born the 23rd of June, 1997
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard