Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
Dang, talk about no traction. here in Indiana we got hit with alot of snow and it was causing havoc with the roads. needless to say, if I had to go up a hill like an interstate ramp or something, the car sucks!!! and taking off from a stop isnt fun either. Seemed even when i tried to take it easy from a stop, my tires still spun. Oh well, made it home safe last nite though. Just thought I'd share the fun-fill experience i had last nite.

Mike 99' Silver CSVT 95' Silver Acura Integra www.latest-craze.com
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
The ride into work in Pittsburgh, PA wasn't too fun this morning at 5:30, either. But the road crews did a pretty good job of keeping most of the roads pretty clear. Snow tires go on this weekend. Then it should be better.
Scott

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
How are your tires? I don't really have too much trouble in the snow. Front wheel drive helps. My wife's van is better though, but I think it is just because it is heavier.

You do have to be a little extra careful starting from a stop, since our cars are so powerful... Just take it easy.

Stay safe! We are getting the storm right now.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
start off in second...and get some blizzaks

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by el' padrone:
start off in second...and get some blizzaks

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
i used summer tires when i lived in maine for the winter and got by fine. i always thought the car was good in the snow.

-a

koni kit - hpp rstb camber/plates - cf (yikes!) polyroll resistors - TCA's WR headers/ypipe -TB hiflow cat SFC's - XCal2 -dreaming of 3L-
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
my car was fine last year, no big problems..I had lots of traction..I didnt have blizzaks

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
If you state a Contour sucks in the snow you don't have adequate tires. I'm guessing all seasons. Any FWD car with good tires does a great job in the snow.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by todras:
If you state a Contour sucks in the snow you don't have adequate tires. I'm guessing all seasons. Any FWD car with good tires does a great job in the snow.

My Contour does awesome in the snow.......... sitting in my garage.

I always had a hell of a time coming to a stop with it in the snow, when I drove it year round. This was when it was new, and had the BFG KDW G-Force's. They were definitely not snow friendly.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
my car was fine last year, no big problems..I had lots of traction..I didnt have blizzaks

Mine also. Our roads and road crews s**k around here, not plowed frequently, very little salt and I was fine.
Glad that you made it home safe.
New tire time?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard