Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 50 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 49 50
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
and I had no problems convincing a lexus dealership to do my install

yes... I am a cougar owner trolling on your board.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
alright, im done with this. Anyone want my set? Send me a PM, same price. This is absolute [censored], i cant find any [censored] place to weld these [censored] things in, i just spent ANOTHER 2 hours driving around going to shops who said they could weld them in, ive already spent 21 dollars on import fees...

GOD DAMNED THINGS ARE SO STUPID

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Sorry to hear bud

On a better note for me, I just got mine welded in. Makes the car feel really solid. I havent really given them a test yet, but just around town you can tell by the lack of squeakes and the solid feel of the body they are working. Also, pulling into a gas station with a raised drive in area, you can really feel how these make the suspension to all of the flexing, instead of what used to be the whole car. The body stays flat (no more creaks either!) and you can really feel the suspension doing a lot more work. Cool!

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
S
svt4stv Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Tourige:
alright, im done with this. Anyone want my set? Send me a PM, same price. This is absolute [censored], i cant find any [censored] place to weld these [censored] things in, i just spent ANOTHER 2 hours driving around going to shops who said they could weld them in, ive already spent 21 dollars on import fees...

GOD DAMNED THINGS ARE SO STUPID

sorry to hear as well Tyler. dont give up just yet. there has to be a shop that can do it. did you try the shady side of town? or a mustang shop? did they bother to put the car up and take a look at what needs to be done? its so simple. did you show them my pics? try offering to pay extra. i would really hate to see you go through all that trouble to just turn around and get rid of them.

and YIKES! they charged you $21 import duties on a $20 item?!

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
any shop that said they would do it says their welder isnt tough enough to do the welds.

And any shop that will do it dosent have a drive on lift. And the ones that have a drive on lift, and the proper tools wont do it... its a PITA

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Which is why i'm glad my school has a drive on lift with a welder right next to it.

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Tourige:
any shop that said they would do it says their welder isnt tough enough to do the welds.

And any shop that will do it dosent have a drive on lift. And the ones that have a drive on lift, and the proper tools wont do it... its a PITA

someone throw the bs flag, theres nothing complicated about welding these on, i think your having trouble finding people with welders who arent special ed

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
so you are telling me that there isn't one single exhaust shop around you?

and if you have gone to an exhaust shop and they have told you they can't weld them, then they should close the shop.

these are easier to weld up than a friggin exhaust!

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Following the recommendations of those who suggested Mustang places... here are some good google results...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=mustang+calgary+canada+"subframe+connectors"+welder&btnG=Search

and here's even a forum thread where someone is asking where they can get their subframe connector and roll cage welded in...
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?s=c70f7600ea48d4241003a06ebbe7720c&t=37931

hope this helps

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
They have nothing else to do in Canada but work on cars.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 35 of 50 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 49 50

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard